Suggestions on Diving Outer banks Cape Hatteras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surreal73

Reaction score
Hello all,
My wife and I are going down to Cape Hatteras in September, we're staying in Buxton and would like to go on a wreck dive. Any suggestions on charters companies and good sites? Any info would be greatly appreciated. We are both certified rescue divers and have open ocean and boat dive experience.
Thanks,
Joe

We use Capt JT and Underpressure when we dive Hatteras. Underpressure is a dive limo of sorts. It has a built in lift that brings you back onboard, so no ladders to climb. The boats decked out with all the latest conveniences and rides well.

There is another dive op there, never dove with them. Capt Dave and Lions paw??? I think, is the other dive operation in Hatteras.

If you do a search, they will come up.

Enjoy Hatteras! It is an awesome place to dive.

Hello all,
My wife and I are going down to Cape Hatteras in September, we're staying in Buxton and would like to go on a wreck dive. Any suggestions on charters companies and good sites? Any info would be greatly appreciated. We are both certified rescue divers and have open ocean and boat dive experience.
Thanks,
Joe

I'd go ahead and make contact sooner than later. Hatteras is running one boat short this summer and a lot of weekends are full already. Will be important to spell out whether or not you are interested in doing rec or tech dives as they do a lot of both up there. Have fun!

Hey Joe,

Glad to hear you are coming to the Island to get some diving in. We have some of the best wreck sites in NC and the Sept time frame usually has great water conditions and high concentration of sea life on the wreck sites. There is some detailed info on the wreck sites we dive on my web site and links to other sites that have info and photos as well.

Right now I am booked from Sept 8 to the 19th and probably will not have any space those days. It could change, but not too likely. If you are going to be there any other dates, would be glad to get you out diving with us. Randy already told you about JT and the Under Pressure - JT runs a great boat and you wil not be disappointed with him either, but I do suggest that you make your arrangements as soon as you know your vacation dates are firm.

Hope that you can get some diving in during your stay on Hatteras

Thanks Everyone for the great info.
Dave we're coming down Sept. 22-29 and staying in Buxton. I'd love to get some more info from you and talk about possibly booking a trip. My wife and I love to see lots of sea life and we've never seen sand tigers in the wild, so that would be more of what we're into.
Thanks again everyone.
Joe

Outer Banks can be super fickle when it comes to water clarity. If you get really lucky and the NE wind blows less than 15pmh for one or two days with small waves, the shore diving can be great up in Nags Head or Kitty Hawk. I've been lucky enough only once to dive the Triangle Wrecks and the Huron as shore dives in 20ft viz. Offshore will be much more consistent for viz. But, if you get the right weather, there are some neat shore dives to be had for the cost of just renting a tank and swimming out! Stay warm!

Hey Joe,

Glad to hear you are coming to the Island to get some diving in. We have some of the best wreck sites in NC and the Sept time frame usually has great water conditions and high concentration of sea life on the wreck sites. There is some detailed info on the wreck sites we dive on my web site and links to other sites that have info and photos as well.

Right now I am booked from Sept 8 to the 19th and probably will not have any space those days. It could change, but not too likely. If you are going to be there any other dates, would be glad to get you out diving with us. Randy already told you about JT and the Under Pressure - JT runs a great boat and you wil not be disappointed with him either, but I do suggest that you make your arrangements as soon as you know your vacation dates are firm.

Hope that you can get some diving in during your stay on Hatteras

Do you guys have anything open August 11th or 12th?

Another vote for Captain JT of Underpressure charters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom