Malapascua Dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sentlon

Registered
Reaction score
i am going to Malapascua for 3 days diving trip on the early of July, would like to know which dive center should i try.
personal prefer dive center with reasonable price and we do not care about how fancy facilities they have, we just in a little tide budget on this diving trip.
pls recommend any of them you guys know, thanks!

Every time I've gone to Malapascua I've dove with Malapascua Exotic...always been happy from the first visit so never was a reason to look elsewhere...but am also very price conscious and they were competitive with anyone else I looked into.

Are you asking for a good dive shop which is reasonably priced...or are you asking for any cheap dive shop? There is a big difference in value between the two!

good dive shop with reasonable price.

Are you asking for a good dive shop which is reasonably priced...or are you asking for any cheap dive shop? There is a big difference in value between the two!

Evolution gets my 2 thumbs up. But I'm bias, we've had 2 great visits there and will visit again. Great staff/DM's and one of the best dive shops I've dived with anywhere. The Craic Bar is pretty cool as well!!! Hydreliox will have a bit more local knowledge having worked on Malapascua, what ever you choose he could give honest feed back on most Dive Op's there (sorry for dobbing you in).

---------- Post added ----------

Oh I forgot to mention I don't think you'll save money on your diving no matter what Dive shop you choose, they're all reasonable in price the variation isn't going to be where you save money over 3 days of diving. You'll save your money on accommodation and transfers. Where ever you choose I'm sure the dive op you choose, can suggest cheaper accommodation options. As for transfers look at the Ceres buses to get from Cebu to Maya, and a local boat from Maya to Malapascua. Transfer can cost you $5 USD or $100 USD, just depends on how much your time is worth.

All I'm hearing (and all I ever see on here) when Malapascua is mentioned, is go to Evolution. TSD and Sea Ex would be the next to try on my list, if I didn't already have a home away from home. Grub is pretty damn good at Evolution too (still the best daal I've ever had). Plenty of accommodation to be had on the island. What time of year are you going? If its relatively soon (low season) then it might be worth showing up and seeing what you can get. If your trip is in high season then arrange it in advance. Either way drop a few shops a line and see what you get a feel for.

Evolution generally gets the vote around here though :)

TSD,Exotic, Sea Ex all of these dive centers are 5 stars IDC, if you don't prefer a luxury one. I recommend "Divelink Cebu" to be one of your choice. :wink:

TSD,Exotic, Sea Ex all of these dive centers are 5 stars IDC, if you don't prefer a luxury one. I recommend "Divelink Cebu" to be one of your choice. :wink:
i have check the dive rates from Divelink, it cost similar with the evolution and others 5 star dive center.

i have check the dive rates from Divelink, it cost similar with the evolution and others 5 star dive center.

Dive rate all island round I think not too much diferrent. I'm looking at the equipment rental rate, as I'm a budget traveller with no scuba gears, most of DCs cost me PHP300/dive but Divelink cost me PHP500/day. Just my 2 cents!

Back
Top Bottom