Hello from Clearwater, Florida!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef Monitoring

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am not new to ScubaBoard personally, but our organization is!
We are Reef Monitoring, Inc! We are a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to research and education of Florida's natural and artificial reef systems.
Our current research focus area is the central/southern Gulf Coast near Tampa, Florida.
We conduct vertebrate and invertebrate counts, reef surveys, photography and videography, reef health assessments, reef building pre-surveys, water quality sampling and analysis, fish sampling/stomach content analysis, otolith removal and analysis, etc...
We have several on-going research projects related to early-warning of water quality using NATURAL indicator species, larval fish settling on natural and artificial reef comparisons (who builds a better reef, Man or Mother Nature?) as well as our baseline data studies.

We also organize and put on Reef Clean-Up events. Last September, we held a record breaking Reef Clean-Up with nearly 200 registered divers and we were able to remove over 1,500 lbs of crab trap rope, monofilament fishing line and other garbage from the Clearwater Artificial Reef. According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) it was the largest single reef clean-up event in the history of Florida.

We are official partners of the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Cousteau Divers, and many more!

We actively engage the public and sport divers in scientific data collection and are always looking for volunteers to help!

Feel free to visit our website at Reef Monitoring or reach out to any of us for more information! We look forward to working with the ScubaBoard community and appreciate everyone's support!

THANKS!

Reef Monitoring, Inc.

welcome, coral preservation is a big thing to me. I am currently looking for some organizations to support and feature on my blog. Please contact me about what events and things you have going on and I will make sure to give a shout out for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom