First photos with the E-M5 & NA-EM5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaker, those are great pictures.
14.gif

What strobe(s) are used in the Red Sea images?

The first day i had a couple of Inon strobes, the D-2000 and the S-2000. The second day the S-2000 refused to work, it seems to be "burned"
(no flooding), I never liked it anyway! So most of the time i only had the D-2000.
I would add that a didn't use my focus light so much, the E-M5 autofocus was fast is most of situations.

those are GREAT photos love em! I need to see if I can do those half half shots myself with the E-PL3 and 9-18 lens I use in my Oly housing. Care to share your settings? Thanks

Wow. Amazing pics.

The first red sea pic really blows me away.
I wish I could afford a similar setup.

very nice shots!

do you have a pic of your setup, perhaps with a magazine in the frame to gauge sizing?

thanks

Inspiring stuff! Thanks for posting.

I've already got the E-M5, so now all I need is the housing and some talent and I'll be able to make pictures like this too! :wink:

I'd also be interested in your settings if you care to share - in particular the white balance settings...

Hi, thanks and sorry for the delay.

@ Scubanomad: all of my Photos have the EXIf info, so you can find easily all the settings. i don't have a lot experiences with half half photography, but a learned that i have to avoid scenes with high contrast when the top is bright and the bottom in shadows and dark. The first photo with the bride is an example of a bad lighting situation, the second one (4th. on the list) with the same bride is better.

@ danpass:

This setup is slightly negativ in water. My 10Bar for the LX5 with a 5"dome port was much heavier.
Without the 2 flashes the setup is positive.

@ Guitarfish64:
I always shoot RAW and never make WB correction when i use strobes.
I do WB correction only if there's only day lighting, it's a subjective task and depends on the water depth.
Here's an example:

My settings in APERTURE: Temp.:46650k, Tint: 137
7723286700_570c319652_o.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom