Blue Seas/Aquatours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MN Lakeman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Two of us are leaving for London from Minneapolis next Thursday to begin the long journey to Hurghada & board the Blue Seas to dive the Brothers Islands itinerary. Though my buddy & I are quite excited for this trip, I am a bit disappointed in the lack of correspondence from Aquatours. I was told a week ago we would have vouchers for our flight from Gatwick to Hurghada, & I presumed too, we would get a more detailed itinerary - more info regarding the dive schedule, boat info (220 v? UK type plugs? DIN tank valves? etc.). The website is very limited to specifics, unlike outfits like Aggressor or Explorer Ventures. I emailed Lynda 4 days ago asking about this & have yet to hear back from her. I had to google the prefix of the flight number to find out what airline to look for when we get to Gatwick!

I have generally heard good things about Aquatours, but this doesn't seem quite right with me. I've booked 5 liveaboard trips around the world in the last several years & each of those outfits either mailed or emailed very detailed info packets on my upcoming trip easily 2 weeks before departing. Chime in if you think I'm being unreasonable. Similar experience anyone?

Dont you know which boat you are using?
anyway the schedule is almost fixed with some easy dives in the first day then get into action...
220v indeed, i am not sure what the uk type plugs look likebut we use here a plug with 2 round pins
tanks will cover both ... Mainly DIN with a cylinderical adaptor for yoke regulators and this is provided by the boat ....
hope you enjoy your trip but it is weird that you do not have some basic info about your trip !

Dont you know which boat you are using?
anyway the schedule is almost fixed with some easy dives in the first day then get into action...
220v indeed, i am not sure what the uk type plugs look likebut we use here a plug with 2 round pins
tanks will cover both ... Mainly DIN with a cylinderical adaptor for yoke regulators and this is provided by the boat ....
hope you enjoy your trip but it is weird that you do not have some basic info about your trip !

Sorry... I guess I should have put quote marks around "Blue Seas", which BTW is one the nicest boats I've seen (on the web anyway...) Now wouldn't that have been something...not knowing where I'm living for a week? :shocked2: Curious comment on electrical plug configuration - my buddy has been on a Red Sea liveaboard before, & he thinks it was the horizontal slot prongs like UK (??) all the more reason I require a comprehensive PDF brochure - not too much to ask for, yes?

Most Red Sea liveaboards have the two round pins type_c_large.jpg

The good ones also have converters in shape of multi plugs.

Don't worry too much about it - You can get an adapter/converter at the airport just in case.

...a...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom