Which filter??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jashaw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Which filter color works best for freshwater diving in the great lakes? I've only found red filters that go over the GoPro dive housing so far.

Thanks!

That is the one that I am probably going to get. Is that the correct color for my situation?

[video=youtube;zBxbJ6IOko0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBxbJ6IOko0[/video]

This is a good video showing the GR in action. Unfortunately We don't have this in a Dome slip over filter for the GoPro Dive housing, only the BlurFix's. Hope this helps....

Wow, that GR filter works incredibly well! Nice new website, too! I don't know how long it's been updated for, but I like it!

---------- Post Merged at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Thanks for the video! The red filter sounds like it's not the proper filter for my diving area.

---------- Post Merged at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Thanks for the video! The red filter sounds like it's not the proper filter for my diving area.

If you dive mostly green waters then the GR should be your best option, this atm can only work with the Blurfix as I dont think there is a gr dome for the gopro dive housing in the works yet, but there will be some more options announced for the new hero3 housings by SRP at DEMA so keep your eyes open for that. :wink:

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but a magenta filter is recommended for green water.

door and bucket.jpg This is the color of the water that I normally dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom