Love my new Cuda 650!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just got a new Cuda 650 a few weeks ago. After spending nearly 7 frustrating hrs to get it weighted & balanced, I have to admit,.... This is one sweeeeeeet ride!:D Turns easy, for the size (though not quite as maneuverable as my Hollis was) . I opened it up for a short distance & thought my crotch strap was going to be pulled up between my ears. A bit uncomfy, but tons of fun! The variable speed control Lets me better match my buddies' speed on their scooters.

Awesome! I love my Cuda 400! Still in the process of dialing it in but these things really open up new possibilities in range! Do strap a GoPro and post some vids!

Awesome! I love my Cuda 400! Still in the process of dialing it in but these things really open up new possibilities in range! Do strap a GoPro and post some vids!

Unfortunately, I have discovered that I'm not much of a photgrapher/ videographer. Not that I can't get good shots,... I just don't have the patience to set up a shot properly. I just leave that stuff for those who are a little more patient than I am.

I put a kayak compass at the nose of my Cuda. I wasn't too fond of using an SK7 at the handle. It was more worth it to me than putting a GoPro there, but most of my buddies prefer the GoPro and the vids come out flippin' awesome! Friggin'-A', a 650? You can survive a live aboard with one of them things before having to re-charge :) :wink:

Congrats! You will soon be unable to execute any dive unless you have your scooter with you. :)

All the best, James

<edit> BTW, there IS an easy way to weight and trim your scooter.

Materials needed:

• 2 big rubber bands
  • Measuring cup marked in ml, or, a 250 ml beaker

Proceedure:

1. Remove weight pouches from inside scooter
  2. Rubber band them to the outside
  3. Get into water. Add or subtract lead to pouches until perfect.
  4. Get out of water.
  5. Fill measuring cup to 200 ml exactly.
  6. Place weight pouch into beaker. Shake a bit to get all air out of pouch.
  7. Observe how far up the water level has gone in ml.
  8. Subtract this amount (in grams) from the weight pouch.
  9. Repeat with other pouch.
  10. Done.

This method has consistently gotten me to within 10 grams of the correct pouch weight. Oddly, balancing my scooter to the gram is something I don't do anymore...if it's within 1/4 lb of being close, I just jump in and dive it, not unlike compensating for steering that pulls just a little bit in my car.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom