Fusion Boot Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GinaRae

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I wear a women's shoe size 7 1/2 and I'm wondering which size Fusion Boot I should order.

---------- Post added ----------

I ordered a size 7 *fingers crossed*

Any answer to this? I will be ordering the Fusion Bullet or Tech suit with the Evo boots (only dive off boats). Wondering if I need to size up or down when compared to street shoes.

thanks, JK

I wear a women's shoe size 7 1/2 and I'm wondering which size Fusion Boot I should order.

---------- Post added ----------

I ordered a size 7 *fingers crossed*

Any answer to this? I will be ordering the Fusion Bullet or Tech suit with the Evo boots (only dive off boats). Wondering if I need to size up or down when compared to street shoes.

You need to size up to some degree. You will have to have some sort of socks on your feet as well as the bag of the suit. How much you go up depends upon how much sock you will be wearing, which in turn depends upon how cold will be the water in which you dive. If you go too big, your foot gets sloppy inside the boot when you kick. Too small and your feet will hurt when you are properly socked. When I wore EVO's they were about a size (or a little less) bigger than my street shoes. I eventually decided, though, that I did not like rock boots--too stiff and clumsy. I then went to a local dive shop with my Fusion, my fins, and some typical socks and tried on wet booties until I got what felt OK. Remember that the wet booties provide some thermal protection in themselves, so you don't need as much sock. I much prefer the booties--I can feel the fins much better when I kick.

Another option is to wear simple sneakers. I first tried a pair of Converse All-stars. They actually worked pretty well, but I abandoned them for reasons that won't have anything to do with you.

Hello,

When ordering a Fusion boot you do need to go up one size from your shoe size to accommodate the inner sock shell and your insulating sock.

Also remember that the boots are based on standard men sizing so a size 7 will be a size 8 womens for example.

Cheers,

Justi

Hey Burnhanmuntasser,
i would recommend a size 12 boot, sorrry we don't have any half sizes at the moment. We go up a size to allow for the shell sock built into the suit, as well as any thermal protection you may require. Hope this helps.
Cheers.

My street shoe size is 10.5 EEE (very wide feet), what boot size would I need?

I ordered a size larger then my street shoe size. I dove in 34F water over the weekend with the Thermal Fusion undergarment, dry gloves and the whites 3mm neoprene socks... I was quite comfortable after a 40min dive but my feet were freezing. I will be ordering the MK3 socks but I am concerned my fusion boots will nw be too tight. Right now with the 3mm neoprene socks, my current boots are just a bit snug. Should I get a larger boot size? E.g. Go two sizes up with the MK3 socks?

I would say, for 3 mm neoprene socks - one size larger than comfortable jogging shoes. For glacier socks - 2 sizes larger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom