Drysuit Boots and the size of fins neeeded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zachb13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, I am taking my drysuit class in a few weeks and had a few questions. I found a great deal on a used whites fusion sport that fit me perfectly except for the boots. The boots are a size 12 aqua lung/whites removable boot so i ordered the same boot in a size 10. I noticed the size 12 boot wouldn’t fit into my size regular oceanic manta ray fins. It really wasn’t even close. Will the size 10 boots fit? The sizing chart is confusing with wet boots and drysuit boots but judging off their sizing chart it will be very close. I’m looking at getting some Apeks RK3 to give some more weight but I’m not sure what size to get for those as they say it would be between a large and super. None of my local dive shops carry them. Thanks!

External boot sizes vary by manufacturer and style. Fin pockets also vary by size. I recently purchased a pair of Apeks RK3 HD fins in large to use with wet suit boots, had I been wearing my dry suit, I would have had to gone to the Super/XL fins. My recommendation is to try before you buy, even it it means a trip out of town to a store that stocks the products you plan on using.

External boot sizes vary by manufacturer and style. Fin pockets also vary by size. I recently purchased a pair of Apeks RK3 HD fins in large to use with wet suit boots, had I been wearing my dry suit, I would have had to gone to the Super/XL fins. My recommendation is to try before you buy, even it it means a trip out of town to a store that stocks the products you plan on using.
What size wetsuit boots were you using that the Large fit? What size drysuit boots that they didn’t fit?

I was using AL size 11 in the Apek RK3 Large. My drysuit boots are attached, and while also size 11, they are wider and have a thicker bottom/tread. The difference is with the wet suit boot, my foot moves from side to side in the foot pocket of the Super/XL RK3, the dry suit boots have no lateral movement.

You can use rock boots/wetsuit boots/chucks with the Fusion. Might be easier for you to dive.
Also generally I prefer a heavier fin than the RK3 in a drysuit.

Back
Top Bottom