Question Wide Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TostitoBandito

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking to replace my 20 year old boots that have always driven me crazy cause they have an extra 1-2 inches of toe past the end of my foot in order to accommodate my wide feet, and all the extra water sloshing around that comes with that. I've done some poking around old threads here and elsewhere looking for boots that might run wider, with no conclusive answers. This shouldn't be an issue in this day and age, but it is.

So, does anyone out there have wide feet and what have you found that fits properly and is currently available in 2024?

I'm looking for:
wetsuit boot, 3mm and/or 5mm, prefer high tops and zippers
size 9.5 foot, extra wide
sole sturdy enough for walking on gravel, coral, etc... (but I don't want a rock boot either)
fins are Apeks RK3 size large with spring straps, if that matters

Thanks!

I’m an 11EEE. Best booties I’ve found are 4th Element 6.5mm Amphibian. Great support and perfect for walking on stony ground.

Ok, the Scubapro Delta 5's seem to be worth trying. I'll snag a set off Amazon to try on and see how I do. I'll try the large first, since I feel like the XL will be too big. Hopefully they're wider than the Cressi Islas I just threw in my return pile.

Thanks for the tips.

I guess that us duckfeeted folks represent a small segment of a small market segment. But I do wish that one manufacturer would make wide booties. Probably not going to happen.

I guess that us duckfeeted folks represent a small segment of a small market segment. But I do wish that one manufacturer would make wide booties. Probably not going to happen.

I also ski and it used to be impossible to find high performance ski boots for wide feet back in the day, but in the last 10 or so years it's improved a lot with many models coming in multiple widths as well as lengths. Scuba booties are an order of magnitude less expensive, so in theory it should be even easier to fix the problem there. All it would take is for Scubapro or Mares or Bare or someone else decent sized to start offering wide versions of their new boots, and everyone else would have to compete.

When I started skiing, you would put your foot in a liner in the shell, and they would pump it full of foam
but as this is not a thing for scuba boots I have good fortune with Seasoft and Fourth Element dive boots
also for size for drysuit use

Received the Scubapro Delta 5's and they feel great, so definitely a keeper. A full 1-2 inches shorter than my previous boots, but still wide and stretchy enough. Seem really well made too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom