Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damn. I can't believe it was that close. This is on of my bucket list of photos to shoot, regardless of location.

Last edited:
Damn. I can't believe it was that close.
I have seen a grey whale in Gerstle Cove. It then passed right between the wash rocks headed North. They tend to stay really close to shore, which is why Bodega Head is a great place to spot them.

Hopefully we get to see one or two at the surface this weekend.

Dove Lobos yesterday. There was a bit of wave action on the surface and some surge above 50ft, but below that it dropped to almost nothing. Excellent vis at Hole in the Wall. Probably a good 70ft+. At 95ft, could still see the surface. Had a couple sea lions swimming around us, and of course, as soon as we got out of the water, several juvenile harbor seals showed up playing in the water near the ramp instead of playing with us while we were in the water. Meh. Water was cold too, 47F. Could feel it colder than usual thru my drysuit as soon as we got in the water.

Conditions were fantastic yesterday (Thursday). Glassy surface, 45-50ft visibility outside the cove, a nice 20+ft inside as well. Get out there before things pick up on Saturday afternoon!

Breakwater today 2/5/13. Dive around 1pm. Low tide was around 12. Negligible wave action on the entrance/exit. No noticeable surge @ depth beyond 15'. Viz was a hazy 15' with pockets to 20'. Temp 48/49. Saw a big 4$$ cabezon on the wall and gave it a little pet. It was pushing 30". Picked up about 1lb of lead and the associated fishing line from broken off leaders. Watch the hooks if you do this...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom