pro ear mask sealing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reebok

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently dove for the first time with my new pro-ear mask. I have ear problems, and these things are like magic. However, I am having a problem sealing them. The mask itself seals fine, no problem, but the ear cups don't seem to seal at all. I can't really ever get any suction on them, in the water or on dry land. They didn't leak too bad, but it seems I could have a better time of it if I could get it to seal. My hair is pretty short (#2 guard shaved). Are there any tricks to this? I recently ordered the specially designed hood for them, so that may help press them against my ears more. I also have an ear band-it for swimming which are designed to keep ear plugs from falling out of your ears that I was considering wrapping over the ear cups to keep them pressed against my head (if I can find the darn thing). thanks in advance.
headbands.jpg

just to follow up in case anyone else is wondering...the pro-ear mask is incredible, and combined with the official hood (a normal hood would probably work fine too?) it kept my ears completely dry. 80fsw Jupiter drift dive. Highly recommended. It made equalizing much quicker/easier also. the mask is a life-saver (or at least dive-saver) for me.
Pro Ear Masks - IST Sports

We are ordering a set for my son - will get back to you when we have given them a try. I wondered if sealing was a problem so will get hood as well.

good call. I have used the mask on at least 7 dives since this post and the only problems I had was when the hood was between the ear cup and my head and I didn't realize it. that only happened once and I fixed it at 30ft with no problem. it's a great investment and I can't recommend it enough.

This is an interesting thread because I haven't heard much about this product. Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried the Doc's Pro Plugs?

Someone recommended them to me after I returned home with ear infections in each ear. I use them when I am doing several days of repetitive dives and I haven't had a problem since. Not sure if they actually provide any help with equalizing.

my buddy has them. I don't think they fit right because they fall out on some dives. I had no place to try them on for size. but my ears stay 100% dry, and that's worth the money to me.

Worked with a few instructors now that have had their careers saved by Pro Ear masks. It's weird but for some people, their first few years are all good and after a while they are hit with infection after infection.

good call. I have used the mask on at least 7 dives since this post and the only problems I had was when the hood was between the ear cup and my head and I didn't realize it. that only happened once and I fixed it at 30ft with no problem. it's a great investment and I can't recommend it enough.

will let you know how they go - just ordered

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom