DM4 won't open on Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wheatondiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was able to install DM4 on our Dell desktop computer. It works fine and I have been able to download from my Cobra3. I installed the DM4 on our Mac, but it will not open. What do I need to do that I did not do? I would like to be able to download to the Mac laptop as that will be the computer I take on vacation.

I don't have a Suunto computer to test it with, but I just installed it on my Mac running 10.8.4 and it seems to be working. Did you install the required Mono framework?

Wheatondiver,

Did you install the required Mono Framework, which is necessary for DM4 to run on Mac. I have attached a link to for the download. Download - Mono

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Had Mono installed. Re-installed 2x. Still not able to open DM4. Connected my Cobra3. It was transferring the data, but DM4 never opened. Maybe I will just down load to the PC when I return from trips.

Do I need to reload DM4 after re-installing Mono?

Also, this computer is a few years old. Does that affect not opening DM4?

DM4 is horrible. Try MAC dive, it is outstanding!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Do I install it from the link mentioned above? I am not having problems with the update on my PC. I ended up uninstalling it and can not get it re-installed.

Both. Had it installed and working on a PC (windows vista). Received a message that there was an update. Tried to install and have been in an endless loop with the GTK install.

The Mac had it installed (not sure now as I may have tried to re-install). The icon was there, but would not open. I "bounced" like it was opening and then disappeared.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom