SubSurface, Perdix 2, and Bluetooth Sync Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once contacted Shearwater about chronic bluetooth connection problems and it was like the first time they had ever heard of such a thing.
How long ago was that? And were you asking about Mac, Android, or Windows?
They've had blog posts on their wiebsite for many years with hints about how to address such issues. For example:
The posts go back at least ten years.

I once contacted Shearwater about chronic bluetooth connection problems and it was like the first time they had ever heard of such a thing.
I'm not sure if they worked on it or what, but it feels like the transfer happens a lot faster then it used to.

Also helps to turn down the sample rate. (I think every 4s vs every 1??)

Of course this is all dependent on actually making that initial connection

I transfer via my phone too but I don’t use android. I often had issues when doing via desktop

I keep an old cell phone, from probably 2 upgrades ago, that I only use to sync shearwater dive computers. This would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

My old Samsung S8 worked flawlessly with Perdix. My new A53 is nothing but problems. I have to go to Subsurface, try to connect, then go to BT menu and pair it every single time and then go back to Subsurface and connect.
Never managed to get Win10 Subsurface to connect using SW dongle, but SW desktop connects no problem.

I would like to download my dive date directly from my new Perdix 2 into Subsurface directly, but I get the following pop-up every time: “Dive data import error”.

I don’t know if this is a Bluetooth error, but I don’t think so. I am able to connect the Shearwater Cloud Desktop and I can connect my older Perdix AI (and my wife’s) to either the Shearwater Desktop or the Shearwater Cloud Desktop.

Actually, all three Perdix computers get the same “Dive data import error” message when I try to download directly to Subsurface.

My work around with the Perdix AI has been to download the dive data to the Shearwater Desktop and then export the data into to XML files. Subsurface easily imports the XML files. The Perdix 2 doesn’t seem to play well with the old Shearwater Desktop.

So, I am looking for help on how to resolve the “Dive data import error”.

I am running Windows 10 on my desktop and laptop.

Here are some screen shots from Subsurface:

Screenshot 2023-08-25 14.35.53.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-25 14.33.42.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-25 14.29.02.jpg

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I was hoping for a more direct fix...

Thanks

@Luis H - the highest success rate is by downloading to Subsurface Mobile on a phone. Then access from the desktop/laptop via a cloud account.

That didn't work well.

I tried exporting the data using .db, XML, and UDDF. The XML data lost the dates, times and gas data. The best results was when I imported the UDDF files into Subsurface, but it still lost the gas data. It assume all dives used air. I didn't even look to see if the tank pressure data was transfer.

What format do you use to transfer the data into Subsurface?

Oh well, at least I have been able to transfer my Perdix AI data using the old Shearwater Desktop software.

That didn't work well.

I tried exporting the data using .db, XML, and UDDF. The XML data lost the dates, times and gas data. The best results was when I imported the UDDF files into Subsurface, but it still lost the gas data. It assume all dives used air. I didn't even look to see if the tank pressure data was transfer.

What format do you use to transfer the data into Subsurface?

Oh well, at least I have been able to transfer my Perdix AI data using the old Shearwater Desktop software.
There is no export. You download dives to your mobile device, save them on cloud and then sync cloud with your desktop app.

Back
Top Bottom