Shhhhh - it's a surprise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBA WIDOW

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I thought about posing this question to a travel agent, but then thought of all you fascinating,world wide travelers. I would love to surprise my hubby for our anniversary with a 1st class - trip. I was thinking about one of those all inclusive dive boat/yachts but don't know where to begin. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

if you subscribe to skin diver mag, there are always tons of ads in the back and throughout for live aboards, if that's what you want. good luck, and congrats on your anniversary.

If you visit http://www.agressor.com (the aggressor liveaboard fleet), you can click to get a FREE 3 months of Skin Diver magazine.

But I don't think you can go wrong with the Agressor fleet either. There are probably less expensive operations, but the agressor fleet is everywhere.

Also, I put this like up on another post. http://www.reefrainfrst.com/diving.htm, most of the dive sites have livaboard operations listed as well as land based resorts.

I think my wife and I are going to Belize for our 20th anniversary this year, but we're going to stay shoreside.

Have a great time and tell us all about it!

Natasha can probably help you find what you have in mind. She's our resident travel guru!

The Agressor Fleet is great and they crew treat you like a king. They have all sorts of locations--as mentioned just look in any dive mag or go to their web site.

They give one many opportunities to eat, sun and enjoy being a sybarite. I.e., a first class experience. I have not been on a Mike Ball trip, but have spoken with those who have and they think highly of that co. But from my personal experience, Agressor is a great way to go.

DiverInAk, never thought about a "live-a-board" on the west coast. Although after looking at the site, it sort of appeals to me. Sort of. I still like the idea of being warm (above and below the waters).

Congratulations on your anniversary and trip Scuba Widow. I would stick with the reputable charters and you should be fine. One note,you can spend a ton of money on these trips if you're not careful,so do be pratical. There are several four and five day trips on live aboards that leave from ports in South Florida. Most of these trips aren't that expensive and they allow you to get your "feet wet" and not spend a wheel barrow full of money only to find that live aboards aren't for you. I do have a suggestion however, purchase your husband dive insurance through DAN (Divers Alert Network). Dive insurance is a necessity if diving in or out of country. The bonus is that with the insurance you also get a free one year subscription to Skin Diver and Alert Diver magazine, not to mention the expert medical attention you will recieve if needed. Hope you guys have a great trip!
Scuba Bob

Back
Top Bottom