Combined CO and O2 analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AA3JY

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for a compact combined CO and O2 analyzer. Be able to be packed on a motorcycle so space is limited.

Good luck! You best bet is to get the Oxycheq O2 analyzer and a Sensorcon CO analyzer and squeeze them into the same box. You have to analyze twice, but I doubt seriously you'll find a combo package.

Another option would be to pick up an Oxycheq "El Cheapo" and custom-add a CO sensor and secondary screen to it.

No such device at this time. Would need to be a DIY project.

O2 analyzer alone should be ok for a quick check on standard air

21% is air. More than 21% is nitrox , less than 21% is a problem, replace the air

GillScales, how does that solve the problem of CO?? Lethal amounts of carbon monoxide are as low as 5ppm, even for recreational dives. 5ppm is WAY smaller than what an O2 analyzer could pick up if there was CO in an air tank (even if the CO replaced only the oxygen) and would be less than useless on a nitrox tank.

I think this question's been asked a few times on SB. So far I don't believe any company wants the business and so hasn't bothered to make a combined device.

Ok then, sorry disregard my post above, everyone. FWIW I think I've seen as many stories about CO poisoning, as alligator / shark attacks and lightning strikes.

Not aware of any combo devices on the market at the moment, but unless CO detectors are much larger than O2 you should be able to,fit both in a pocket of a motorcycle jacket.

Back
Top Bottom