US Dives Console SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ke4ez

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Panama City Beach , Florida United States
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Could use help... how to change hose on old US Divers SPG Console ...
Hose is bad and O rings leaking...I can't figure out how to remove hose
the console is hard rubber ... some help please.
Thanks guys

Does your SPG look similar to this? I understand that it's in a console, not a boot, but it's roughly the same technique for getting it out. I'll post back if we're dealing with similar gauges. USD SPG-1 72.jpg

You will have to remove it from the rubber console. While you have it out I would remove the chrome face ring with a strap wrench and clean and lubricate the O-ring there and then tighten back using your hands as tight as you can twist it with "reasonable" force.

N

I believe the real problem the OP is having is getting the SPG out of the old boot which can be a real pain in the A$$. If I remember right the first thing to try is soaking in very warm water to soften up the rubber and then try and push the SPG out from the bottom and then sort of pull the top back from the SPG. Some times you end up prying with a suitable tool.
If anybody has a better way I would love to hear it.

Back
Top Bottom