Why is one corrugated hose better than the other?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a pair of DR wings and they come with the thick Corrugated hose. I cannot seem to keep attached to my BC. Recently I purchased an Oychecq wing for my wife and the Corrugated hose is much smaller in dia. What would be a benefit to another? Can I not order the Oxy hose and replace my DR?

The "thicker" corrugated hose on your Dive Rite wings (I'm assuming it's the "stock" stuff) stretches drastically AND it's a bunch more resistant to tearing than the "thinner" corrugated hose, like what comes stock on Hollis and Oxycheq wings.

DR corrugated hose is better. I have Oxycheq wing, their hose quite long. It is not really "corrugate able". I replaced it with a DR 12" version. It is thicker in diameter, but most importantly, it is a corrugated hose, mean if you pull on it, it does extend significant amount. Not the Oxycheq one.

I have a pair of DR wings and they come with the thick Corrugated hose. I cannot seem to keep attached to my BC. Recently I purchased an Oychecq wing for my wife and the Corrugated hose is much smaller in dia. What would be a benefit to another? Can I not order the Oxy hose and replace my DR?

What BC are you using?

I place a 2" rubber band cut from a mountain bike inner tube on my left shoulder harness. I also tie a bungee chord under my left shoulder D-ring.

I run the corrugated hose first under the rubber band (placed near left upper shoulder), then under the bungee chord.

Yes, you can use a DR real corrugated hose on an Oxy wing and an Oxy hose on a DR wing. I swapped all mine from OXY to DR. I like the way the real corrugated hoses extend. I swapped all my 16" faux hoses to 12" corrugated. The elbow used on the DR and Oxy wings is generic also used on AGIR wings and Halcyon wings, I'm sure there's others.

Is the DR harness and wing. The oblong hose will stay put under the strap from the harness.

Back
Top Bottom