Getting back in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k374

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My last dive was in November 2012 which is a long time ago. I am planning to start diving as soon as it warms up a little perhaps in March.

Do you think I should get a refresher? My dive gear has been sitting in it's case unused since mid 2012, what do you think I should get done to it? Cursory service or full reg rebuild? How about the BCD, any issues I should look out for after so long?

GEt into a pool and run the skills. You will probably find you are ok with it and if so move on to more challenging waters. after a few dives it will be like you never stopped. If you do have issues certainly some targeted refresher would be in order.

If you have to ask...

I'd suggest quick re-read of the OW manual and having a pool session at your LDS, or borrow a friends pool (with buddy or spotter), and check out your gear and skills to determine if you need a refresher course. If you were a regular diver before this gap you should be able to tell if you need more help in short order.

Welcome Back

Bob
----------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

What KwS said, and.....As to the equipment, take it in to a full service LDS and have the reg and the BCD services. Alo, have them put a battery in your computer. Get the gear in shape to dive along with yourself.
DivemasterDennis

Outstanding that you're plunging back in!! I had a not dissimilar break in 2010 and found that a Refresher and an Orientation dive brought it all back.

Full service on the kit regardless.

Back
Top Bottom