Are Canadian Divers Lousy Customers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And he knocks it out of the park. For Christ's sake, do you think Americans are retards?

Let's recap. ams511 directs readers to a request for assistance in the Equipment forum, and Wookie names names. But they play no part in outing the manufacturer? And I like most Americans.

One more time: this thread is about industry perception of Canadian dive customers, not warranty issues.

Yeah, right. And you had no intention of the manufacturer's name coming out, either.

/sarcasm

Kate
(For the record, my dob is not 1/24/2014)

Last edited:
A pretty pointless thread if you ask me.

I've have had at least half a dozen gauges have the needle jump the stop in my many years of diving. Every time is because they were dropped hard or bashed against a tank. I've always put it down to operator error.......my own fault.

Yeah, right. And you had no intention of the manufacturer's name coming out, either.

/sarcasm

Kate
(For the record, my dob is not 1/24/1014)
No, because that would make you a thousand years old.:D

We love Canadians and all Customers.

This is one of those cases where no one wins because of poor communication. I hope that this may clear things up.

So here is what I am gonna do. And it’s only because it’s important that you be happy and that both Tech Diving Limited and HOG/EDGE continue to retain good customer relations. I am going to EXTEND my original offer to the OP. It’s good for 5 days and 5 days only. You can purchase TWO (2) exact replacements for $41.00 each, plus shipping. Email us the info and we will process it. The new Gauges will have 1 year limited warranty out of the box. We will NOT offer this replacement again in the future.

Fair enough?

Email all info to me at joel@techdivinglimited.com and I will take care of it.

Thanks for your continued support of Tech Diving Limited

I wont get into the politics of international country of origin slamming. I would only say this, I personally think the offer above was very much more than reasonable. Item is very much out of warranty and yet the supplier is prepared to replace for a nominal fee below purchase price. I wish all suppliers we so gracious.

An example is I had an Oceanic VEO-250, and found after about 4 years that there was an algorithm, perhaps from purchase, perhaps not? No one is to know. Spoke to Oceanic USA and they replaced for $100 with express post. Is that good or bad, well I was happy enough to ensure it worked as required.

Bought a very expensive washing machine which had a 5 years warranty, 5 years 6 months it stopped working, supplier response, tough luck. I have no where to go except to buy a new one or pay to get it fixed. I don't think the OP is living in the real world (Canadian or not, who cares about the nationality).

Haven't bought anything from TDL but with the customer service they offer I am going to check their products out.

Personally I think you are turning a small problem into an international incident. I would be happy with what they have offered.

Appreciate all comments and would love to hang some more, but we're into final prep for our next contract and I have to break away as new comm protocols must be instituted. Excited, but a little (maybe a lot) apprehensive.

See you after Sochi.

---------- Post added January 26th, 2014 at 12:47 PM ----------

Last personal internet check for a while.
Trucks loaded, families hugged, off to the airport. Nerves are frayed to shreds. Just hope it’s worth it.

Regret the hard feelings this thread has caused.

Just noticed the PM rjk75 sent. Probably the right thing to do…

rjk75
Registered
Join Date Sep 2006
Location Ont. Canada
Posts 103
Dives 200 - 499

Thread: Are Canadian Divers Lousy Customers?
Enough already, close this thread.

RJK75
PADI OW, AOW, EFR, NAS I
Just can't get enough . . .

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom