Trying to gauge interest in Monday diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grey2112

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My lovely wife loves to fish and boat. She has off Saturdays and Sundays. I have Sat, Sun, and Mon off. Now in the past we've gone out on Sat or Sun and sometimes I'd have a few dive buddies with me, but the wife would end up doing little fishing and sometimes we'd stay out longer than she really wants to. So I told her this year I would try very hard to limit my Sat/Sun diving (unless she isn't up to getting out on the boat) and try to do my spearfishing on Mondays.

I'm trying to find some fellow divers who have Mondays off (or who can occasionally get them off) to go diving with me.

My setup - a 25 foot Cobia walkaround with berth and portapotty, big fish box, insulated cooler/fridge for drinks and food, two normal size coolers, seating for up to 6, tank racks to hold 8 tanks out of the way and enable us to have an open deck, plenty of storage in the berth for gear. Boat has all the requisite safety gear as well as a VHF radio with GPS/DSC, a handheld with the same, an EPIRB, and I've got a freshwater shower.

All I ask is some help with gas and help cleaning the boat up when we get back. I don't have a lot of numbers (mostly have hit the artificials and ledges already known to everyone). I usually launch out of New Port Richey (Hooters - Nicks Park) but can also launch out of Seminole (Clearwater) for easier/quicker access to Pinellas county stuff. Also can launch out of Hernando area.

I'm very safe and responsible and easy to get along with. PM me and we'll talk and get to know each other and see if we are compatible.

You read my mind, I have every other Monday off, and I'm great with a scrub brush. I'm a safe diver with around 100 dives, I have all of my own gear and am more than willing to pitch in for gas. e-mail me rhett.roy1@gmail.com

Sounds good to me l am retired and flexible on days I dive 117 dives AOW Nitro and Wreck Penetration Certified. Gulf is a bit chilly at 50° so I have been diving the Springs until it warms a bit. Wife cannot dive but loves the beaches and boating! She still works usually off on weekends.

ScubaCrab - email me at ericfield@hotmail.com so we can start communicating. May try to have a "get together" for a few of us to get to know each other better and make sure we're compatible. Do you like to spearfish? My wife cannot dive either (para-esophageal hernia) but loves to boat, fish, and snorkel. But I'm trying hard this year to do my diving on Mondays since trying to dive and have her up top fishing/bubble watching sort of sucks for her - so I'm trying to do our fishing/boating on the weekends and save the diving for Mondays, though I'm sure there will be some weekends where she can't go out so there still might be the possibility of doing weekend stuff.

I'm down for any Monday. I work every third day, so my schedule is very flexible. I have my own boat, but would pitch in gas with you, saves me an hour tow to the coast.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom