ISO Nice Resort with Boat Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CHSDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am seeking recommendations for a more upscale resort in the Caribbean with direct boat diving.

My wife is not a diver and looking for a nice beach and good food nearby. I am looking for somewhere with boat pick-ups at the hotel so I can get in two tanks, be dropped off for lunch, and then relax or go out again. I hate spending time in a van or taxi. We did Cozumel last year and it worked out great. I have done Sunset House but that is a bit sparse for my wife. Anse Chastanet and Coco View are booked for our dates

Can anyone recommend something similar? Thanks.

Southern Cross on Little Cayman ticks your boxes--excellent food, beautiful beach, great pool, nice bungalows, the dock is a minute's walk from your room, outstanding dive op and boats, and--although I'm not sure what the bleaching situation is right now--great diving. There's no shopping other than souvenirs/art, and really no place off the property to eat.

You describe my experience at Iberostar Cozumel with Dressel Divers.

Dive shop on the beach, short boat rides to the better dive sites, and surface intervals back on the beach.

Curacao w/ Lions Dive Resort and Ocean Encounters (on site) dive center...

Their beach is really nice, a number of on-site dining options, and adjacent to Mambo Beach for a whole bunch more topside food and shopping.

Also shuttles to the harbor for more...

Thank you for these ideas. I had been looking at Lions Dive and Southern Cross. I found that there is an operator that will do boat pick-ups directly from the Westin on Cayman, very similar to the set-up on Coz. That is what we are planning to go with this time.

Thank you for these ideas. I had been looking at Lions Dive and Southern Cross. I found that there is an operator that will do boat pick-ups directly from the Westin on Cayman, very similar to the set-up on Coz. That is what we are planning to go with this time.
Kimpton in West Bay Roatan is an upscale resort and they have a great sandy beach with dozens of waterfront dining options that are a walk down the beach -- no need for a car all week. Right next door is the more affordable mid-range resort, Infinity Bay (where I stay with my family), which has a dive shop onsite and pick-up at their dock. If your wife likes AI resorts, there's the Mayan Princess.

If your wife wants more seclusion, less hustle and bustle, and likes an upscale boutique vibe, Ibagari is a gorgeous resort on W Bay with their own on-site diving. If I didn't have kids, I'd love to stay here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom