Newbie in Chattanooga, TN.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sonnylynnvick75

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all, I'm from Chattanooga, TN. actually a little (2 miles)south in a Georgia town called Flintstone. Anyways, I'm 22 years old, signed up for a Scuba class through my college at Choo Choo Dive center. I went ahead and bought all my gear from my best friend who was getting out of it and selling off all his gear and I do mean all of it for a quick 400 bucks. I've completed my pool and classroom work and am now awaiting open water certification at Vortex springs March 29th and 30th. I'm an avid motorcyclist rider and builder. I love to build things so the How to and DIY segment of the forum is definitely appealing. Nonetheless, I cannot wait to grow and develop more in this great sport.

Welcome to the board from Seattle! I got certified around your age and bought my first set of gear about the same way. Have a blast at your training dive weekend!

-Shawn

Sonny, welcome to the wonderful universe of diving.

Don't know if you are aware or not, but there is a great diving venue over in Athens, TN, Loch-Low-Minn. Easy access and good visibility.

Safe dives, safer ascents . . .

Sonny, welcome to the wonderful universe of diving.

Don't know if you are aware or not, but there is a great diving venue over in Athens, TN, Loch-Low-Minn. Easy access and good visibility.

Safe dives, safer ascents . . .

I've been told about Loch-low. Its an option in May for Open water Cert but I don't want to wait that long which is why I'll be headed to Vortex Springs in March. I'll probably attend that weekend at Loch-Low anyways and knock out my Navigation dives. I'm under SSI which I really like the advanced courses they offer. I've completed bookwork in Navigation, and I hope to get the bookwork for Search and recovery.

---------- Post added February 17th, 2014 at 02:44 PM ----------

Welcome to the board from Seattle! I got certified around your age and bought my first set of gear about the same way. Have a blast at your training dive weekend!

-Shawn

I was ridiculously nervous about the gear until it all checked out great.
Scored:
Scubapro Pro-tec BC
Scubapro Jet Fins
a 3 mil, 5mil, and 7mil
hood gloves
First and second stage regs
2 AL80 tanks,
Lift bag, reel, recovery bag,
All for 400. Then I bought my mask and booties.

For navigation, make sure you learn to use a frog kick, nearly impossible to do precise navigation if using a scissor/trudgeon kick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom