• 2 per year

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • 6 per year. One every second month.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • 12 per year. One every month.

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • 1 every week

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • I don't care and believe that shark finning or culling is morally wrong.

Votes: 89 42.0%
  • I find this poll disturbing and hopelessly flawed.

Votes: 61 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Next Post, Page 38: No sarcasm at all intended, really. Need some one to tell me two things:
1. why the poll is so bad.
2. why Foxfish is so hated.

Next Post, Page 38: No sarcasm at all intended, really. Need some one to tell me two things:
1. why the poll is so bad.
2. why Foxfish is so hated.

Let me take a stab at #1:

How about this for a poll:

Question: Which of the following best represents the values of Canada:
1) Rob Ford
2) Justin Bieber
3) Neil Young

:D

:) Well the poll is generating interest so it can't be all bad can it?
Disagreeing with someone doesn't mean you hate them. Well in my world anyway. I have people in my life I love dearly but we agree to disagree on some things:idk:

I really hope that we have evolved as humans and are now capable of recognizing territorial rights. We look back now as Aussies and are (or should be) embarrassed that it took so long to list the local Aboriginal population as something other than Flora and Fauna:doh: The US didn't recognize slaves as human for an embarassing amount of time too:shakehead: What will future generations think of our determination that humans take precidence over everything in pre-existing ecosystems the moment we enter them?

Umm:no: I am not as Green as some but I worked in the ambulance service long enough to start thinking that perhaps some humans have questionable value:idk:

Well yes, people do also sorts of nasty and stupid things with what to them seems bullet proof justification.

Here is one that is more topical. Don't watch if you have a weak stomach. It shows a scientist walking with bull sharks to prove a point. One bit off his calf muscle. It could have been a lot worse.

Shark Expert Attacked While Filming - YouTube

He was given a Darwin Award in 2002.

The article starts off.

It might sound dumb to throw bloody chum into the waters of Walker's Cay, where dangerous bull sharks congregate, and wade among the sharks in a Speedo while they're in the midst of a feeding frenzy. But to a reputed expert in the body language of sharks. Not to "Unbiteable Erich" of Switzerland!

2002 At-Risk Survivor: Wades With Sharks

I'd imagine there would be a few people on this thread that would have volunteered to carry on the experiment judging by the poll results.

Your going to hand pick YouTube videos of attacks? The opposing side can easily post videos of people swimming with great whites to directly counter your specific hatred to that particular shark. There are countless videos for and against shark swimming so that is a can of worms that shouldn't be touched unless your trying to drag the thread out.

Yes, just saw some one this evening. Diver scientist saving the sharks and spreading the education of same. She says we just need to understand them, the sharks. With the article bring numerous pictures of her in the water close-up and personal with oceanic white tips. Really looked beautiful. I should contact her; have her come on and debate? Foxfish.

Someone cull this thread already!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps someone should ask Netdoc to put that option in the poll??? For now it seems that people must be interested or they wouldn't be posting:idk:

Your going to hand pick YouTube videos of attacks? The opposing side can easily post videos of people swimming with great whites to directly counter your specific hatred to that particular shark. There are countless videos for and against shark swimming so that is a can of worms that shouldn't be touched unless your trying to drag the thread out.

Sounded like this fellow had done this kind of thing before without a problem. Didn't make it less risky - or stupid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom