hands free video !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With head/body mount cameras it is usually very difficult to shoot good steady video. It can be done, but it is not easy. If you plan on hitting record and leaving it on the whole dive, be prepared for a lot of unusable shaky footage.

With head/body mount cameras it is usually very difficult to shoot good steady video. It can be done, but it is not easy. If you plan on hitting record and leaving it on the whole dive, be prepared for a lot of unusable shaky footage.

Yes Ronscuba that seems a fair assessment and even looking at the link paladin posted it is evident . but i think it can be done if i were to get this i would be picking moments to record not just recording the whole dive. i presume you would burn through your battery's by recording the whole dive and on a multi dive day out this could be a hindrance ,or get expensive!!! .but i think if you choose your moments and have a decent editing suite, i am sure decent results could be achieved .I'm not looking for awards in videography just capture a moment (with reasonable results) and I'm happy .the only real concern i had with it was the depth limitation of the housing 40m .which i think is too close for comfort but following Paladin advice on a PM . I will email the manufacturer for clarification if its max operational limit with tolerance!! or you hit 40m and its leak time !!

Mine is speced @ 100 feet but I think it might actually go to 130. Shakey is a deffinate. The photo mode does well if you don't want to edit video. Mine is 4 years old and I am having issues with the turning on of it @ the moment, seems to be a loose connection of some sort. I edit some of my pics graphically and there is no pixalization. The shakeyness is the biggest issue but I hope that will lessen as I become a better diver.

Gopro is not the most cost effective solution either. There are other camera manufacturers that produce similar action cams that provide better bang for buck. Can't remember the names of those cameras but you can search around if you wanted.

But I do think gopro has some advantages over other cameras so that would be a personal preference thing.

Just got a mask mount for my Intova,will see how footage looks in comparison :)

I've tried the octomask for go pro but I really don't like the mask it tends to leak on me and has a really bad time fogging compared to my regular mask. I've been farting around with different ways of mounting my gopro and lighting. Has anyone ever tried the bicycle helmet setup? I bought a cheap one to mess around with. The go pro mounting won't be a problem it's the flashlight situation that I struggle with. I have to bright LED lights that I've fitted with Pringles can diffusers but can't figure out how to mount it. Are there any flashlight holders out there that have a posable arm kind of like those desktop lamps that you can aim wherever you want

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom