Canon G15 WP-DC48

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neil97

New
Reaction score
Hi im new here:)
I just got my WP-DC48 for the Canon G15, before i bought it I knew that the case dosen't support all the G15 functions but I couldnt find on the internt which ones exactly it does not support
So now I have it and I just discovered that I cant control the camera's shutter speed and aperture:( they're controlled by the Front dial and the Control dial, and I couldnt find a way to change that
Can someone approve that? Does the sutter speed and the apreture are really unsupported with the WP-DC48 in any way?

Another way is to assign both functions to the control dial. You can do that in one of the menus. Then the control dial on the rear controls shutter speed and aperature, and toggles between the two if you're in manual mode. I have my G16 set up that way just because underwater it's easier than reaching around to the front dial, even though I have one on my Nauticam housing (I use the front dial for step-zoom). On the G16 when you set it up that way it toggles between shutter speed, aperature, and ISO. Pretty handy.

Edit: After I posted this I realized that the Canon case probably doesn't have a control wheel either. But maybe someone who has a case with one might not know about assigning functions to the control wheel.

Last edited:
As per instructions shortcut button plus left and right is for control dial and shortcut plus up and down is for front dial. Not a big deal but will require to operate with two hands

Another way is to assign both functions to the control dial. You can do that in one of the menus. Then the control dial on the rear controls shutter speed and aperature, and toggles between the two if you're in manual mode. I have my G16 set up that way just because underwater it's easier than reaching around to the front dial, even though I have one on my Nauticam housing (I use the front dial for step-zoom). On the G16 when you set it up that way it toggles between shutter speed, aperature, and ISO. Pretty handy.

Edit: After I posted this I realized that the Canon case probably doesn't have a control wheel either. But maybe someone who has a case with one might not know about assigning functions to the control wheel.

I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the extra $150.00 for the Fantasea (actually have to convince my husband) or if I should go with the Canon housing for my - yet to be purchased - G16. What can you tell me about the Fantasea that would convince me? Hate that I can't find a local retailer where I could do hands on comparisons.

Does the Fantasea come with a diffuser? I won't be investing in strobes and I've been very happy with the G10 w/o but a diffuser is essential.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom