Nautilus Lifeline –Marine Radio and GPS for Divers (Brand New)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sotong_kangkung

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Price: US$230
(This price excludes shipping costs. Shipping costs to be borne by buyer. Will inform buyer the shipping costs when shipping location is known)

Item condition: Brand New

Colour: Green

Reason for sale: Got it as a gift but not in use.

Payment Method: Paypal to koon23@yahoo.com

Current Item location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

More product info at Nautilus LifeLine Official Website: Marine Rescue Radio With GPS

2014-06-09 22.47.25.jpg2014-06-09 22.46.00.jpg

Last edited:
Captain Mike here from the Nautilus LifeLine.

Please be aware that because of problems with grey market product and also some units obtained under fraudulent purposes, there is no warranty or firmware updating available to anyone other than the original buyer or gift recipient.

... there is no warranty or firmware updating available to anyone other than the original buyer or gift recipient.

That is cheesy. You should provide a means for legitimate buyers to transfer ownership as a minimum. Charging for tech support would be reasonable, but not being able to re-register and update firmware is not.

May I know how to determine if the person who obtained this unit is not the buyer or the gift recipient? This is a brand new unit, which I have not registered anywhere. Please advise. Thanks.

No firmware updates? That's pretty lame. So basically I couldn't even sell it to a friend or family member... *shocked*. Had I known that, I would have never purchased one out of principle.

Does it mean only the 1st person who registered this item can get future firmware updates?

Captain Mike here from the Nautilus LifeLine.

Please be aware that because of problems with grey market product and also some units obtained under fraudulent purposes, there is no warranty or firmware updating available to anyone other than the original buyer or gift recipient.

Hi Captain Mike,

Thanks for the advice, I almost buy a couple of your units (one for my son and one for me) but your policy is just unfair (not to mention stupid).
You just lost my business.
Too bad, such a good product.

So let me get this straight. I buy it, decide I don't use it enough, whatever, and I cant sell it without screwing over the buyer?

Nice way to build business.

Captain Mike here from the Nautilus LifeLine. Please be aware that because of problems with grey market product and also some units obtained under fraudulent purposes, there is no warranty or firmware updating available to anyone other than the original buyer or gift recipient.

Dude. Is this really official company policy?

I'm a happy customer and until I read this post I recommended your product to anyone who seemed remotely interested.

If you guys stick with this policy I'm going to stop recommending your product and I won't buy another one.

Well....this is apro po...I've been pushing the shop's owner that I work at..to consider CARRYING the Lifeline, considering the amount of divers we have who head south....
I would NEVER have dreamed that Nautilus would limit access to current firmware given the nature the device. IF..this is company policy...its imo a VERY bad one. I cannot in good conscience market a piece of equipment designed for such a specific purpose..knowing that it may not work if its ever needed.
BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD................idea Nautilus.....bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom