Bali Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maat1976

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all.

I finally got around to processing the photos from our June trip to Bali, and they came out decently well, considering neither my husband or I had ever used a camera underwater before. He's a more experienced diver, so did better with the camera, but I'm happy with my efforts as well.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/maat1976/sets/72157646410819778/

Enjoy.

Claudia

Hi Wisnu. The rhinopea was in Padangbai under the unused ferry Jetty, as was the hairy frogfish. That place is PACKED with critters!!! Our guide said it was only the third rhinopea he has ever seen.

Very nice!
More fuel for my desire to go there.
Can you please give some comments on where you stayed, dive op., etc.?

*I think the pic you have titled froggy 3 is a cockatoo waspfish- and a beauty at that!

*I think the pic you have titled froggy 3 is a cockatoo waspfish- and a beauty at that!

That's correct, plus 'hairy shrimp' is a squat lobster, 'sea worm' next to bat fish is actually a pipefish, and 'froggy1' bottom of page 1 is a leaf scorpion fish.

Great photos.

Thanks for the corrections guys. I was 7 hours in photoshop yesterday and I just called them whatever and didn't think about it much. My eyes were glued open. :) Will adjust them now.

If anyone has any other corrections, I am far from knowledgable about fish!!!

---------- Post added August 25th, 2014 at 08:23 PM ----------

DSR-3: We stayed in Tulamben with Ocean Sun Dive Resort and dove with them in Tulamben, Amed, Menjangan, and Permutaran. We also stayed in Padangbai, dove with Geko Dive (highly recommended) and stayed at the Alila Manggis Resort about 15 minutes away. Padangbai's jetty was probably the highlight and I could have dove there for 5 days straight. It was like swimming in fish rather than swimming in water. Amazing.

Dive Bali - PADI 5 Star Diving Centre - Padang Bai Scuba Divers in Indonesia

I am heading to Bali in 2 weeks and hope to see some of these wonderful creatures.

Have not detailed which dive sites I will be going. But I have taken note of your dive destination and will talk to the dive operator. Thank you for sharing.

I can pull out my logbook tonight and tell you where we went if you want...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom