Who should we use for our SSI Referral Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rita Absher at Albatros Charters is an SSI instructor. We have been diving with her for 10 years and have always been very happy. It's a small company, and have always delivered personal service. She has certified a few friends over the years as well. Give her a call! Albatros Charters | Cozumel Mexico

Got a hold of several dive ops and looks like we are most likely going to go through Dive Paradise. It sounds like they have several excellent instructors (my instructor here in NH even suggested them) Also we are staying at Hotel Cozumel so you can't beat that! Thank you all for the suggestions!

All things considered, I think I'd go with Dive Paradise. Their place is easy to find - right across the street from Hotel Cozumel - and they are a long time respected op. They are set up similar to Blue Angel, with a shore dive entry point at the shop, where you can go in with them and amuse yourself while they go through the skills drills.

I'm also looking into SSI Center for my husband to do his Advanced in March. I contacted several operators, but Albartos Charters actually read and email me w the correct response to my email questions. Del Mar Aquatic didn't read my email request, they just quoted my 2 tanks dives and rental prices and also thought I was coming in tomorrow. Some others only do checkout dives per their email. My next dilemma is that I made my reservation w Scuba Mau for my dives. Since, he is working on his Advanced, I should just dive w Scuba Mau and Albaltros Charter will take good care of him. Because, when I did my Advanced in Bali it was me and the instructor. The other divers had to go w another dive guide since I was taking my course work.

Last edited:
As for Dive Paradise, I can't seem to get into their website for information and their not listed on the SSI directory.
Actually they are - right under the Albatros listing:

Capture.jpg

I'm also looking into SSI Center for my husband to do his Advanced in March. I contacted several operators, but Albartos Charters actually read and email me w the correct response to my email questions. Del Mar Aquatic didn't read my email request, they just quoted my 2 tanks dives and rental prices and also thought I was coming in tomorrow. Some others only do checkout dives per their email. My next dilemma is that I made my reservation w Scuba Mau for my dives. Since, he is working on his Advanced, I should just dive w Scuba Mau and Albaltros Charter will take good care of him. Because, when I did my Advanced in Bali it was me and the instructor. The other divers had to go w another dive guide since I was taking my course work.

Why not do your diving with Albatros?
Making vacation less complicated is always a good thing. We have used them for over 10 years and have always been very happy!

I might be too stress if he's on the same boat. I usually put his gears and mine together. If he's on his own w his instructor, I would have a fun and relaxing dives:wink:. HOWEVER, Dive Paradise is near Scuba Mau, but they are double checking w the owner if they can do SSI Advanced, most people asked for Padi.

I might be too stress if he's on the same boat. I usually put his gears and mine together. If he's on his own w his instructor, I would have a fun and relaxing dives
03.gif
. HOWEVER, Dive Paradise is near Scuba Mau, but they are double checking w the owner if they can do SSI Advanced, most people asked for Padi.

If they go with DP as the OP said he was going to do, it will be a shore dive. Being right across the street from where they are staying, it could hardly be more convenient.

I did my classroom and pool sessions with SSI. However, my referral dives were with PADI, and I got a PADI card. I don't think it matters all that much.

I did my classroom and pool sessions with SSI. However, my referral dives were with PADI, and I got a PADI card. I don't think it matters all that much.

I would have guessed that the classroom and pool session referring instructors would issue an open water card from their agency once they saw that one of their students successfully completed open water dives at a referral facility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom