UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...I thought maybe some sort of scorpion fish, but don't see it in the book.

It's listed in Helmut Debelius' Indian Ocean Reef Guide. "Distribution: entire area including Red Sea".

Did you see a pair?

It's listed in Helmut Debelius' Indian Ocean Reef Guide. "Distribution: entire area including Red Sea".

Did you see a pair?

Yes. But only got a picture of the one, which was about 3 inches long. The other one was smaller than this by about half(ish).

Had I known there weren't many observations of it in this area I would have spent more time taking pictures, rather than just getting a quick "fish ID" snapshot.

ha ha I would be going crazy taking pics of them, never seen them in this region ever, plenty in Philippines and Indonesia though.

Dived at Jason Socket's east coast operation (The Dive Centre) today at Sandy Beach Motel. This is going to be a superb dive op once he completes all the renovations, plus he is going to prepare an area for photographers :D

Dived Car Cemetery and Three Rocks, water temp 22C.

First dive at CC since 2013, did not dive there at all last year.

Nice Hypselodoris nigrostrata at Car Cemetery

A tiny less than a dirham sized Chromodoris annulata at Three Rocks

Will be returning to The Dive Centre sometime next month and will post some photos of the set up.

Was out with Nomad today, Octopus Rock and Wonderwall, both 23c

No camera today, first time out in a new dry bag and just wanted to get comfy in it.

First dive at CC since 2013, did not dive there at all last year.

Why??? That's the best macro site I know there.

Pennant coralfish (Heniochus acuminatus)

OLY E-M5 in Nauticam Housing, OLY M.12-50mm lens at 50mm, 1/320s, f/7.1, ISO: 200, 2 X S&S YS-D1 (with dual-electronic sync cord)

www.facebook.com/BurhanMuntasserPhoto - © Burhaneddin Z. Muntasser

Hole in the Wall

P8230104

P8230104.jpg

Why??? That's the best macro site I know there.

Absolutely Burhan, but I only dived a few times with Divers Down last year, so basically no access to that site, it was mainly with CTD, The Palms Dive Centre and Blue Planet, none of whom go to CC.

Back again at The Dive Centre, water 22C, viz on Inchcape 1 was around 3M, nothing seen worth writing about.

Second dive at Car Cemetery, boatman missed the site and one of the instructors used his reel and line to locate some of the wrecks, took less than 5 mins.

I had an instabuddy for this dive, which was cut short to a mere 45 minutes with my instabuddy at 30 bar on surface, should have had a longer chat with him prior to the dive to sort out contingencies, but I have not dived with anyone in the past few years who could not last at least an hour at 16M. Next dive at CC will be solo.

I had an instabuddy for this dive, which was cut short to a mere 45 minutes with my instabuddy at 30 bar on surface, should have had a longer chat with him prior to the dive to sort out contingencies, but I have not dived with anyone in the past few years who could not last at least an hour at 16M. Next dive at CC will be solo.

That's why I like diving with you, same day same ocean :)

Back
Top Bottom