Nitrox cylinder to use for air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, just another silly post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me when I purchased two tanks from Dixie Divers.com last year, they slapped a nitrox sticker on each tank, which is hard as hell to remove. The stickers confused me and I gave Dixie Divers a call... I was told I should have no problem filling it up with air, and not to worry.:confused:

IMG_20150313_122951.jpg

Thanks everyone . Gosh it's hard work being a newbie! I pick up the cylinder on Tuesday so will take it to my local dive centre to drain and fill it :)

I don't mark the MOD on my air tanks.
To be honest, neither do I. In fact, I don't always do that on my nitrox tanks either. Mix and fill date are mandatory, MOD only if I'm on the anal side of adhering to procedure when I do the fill. Pressure is totally meaningless; it varies by tens of bars depending on tank temp. It is what it is when I assemble my rig, and it is what it is when I've paddled out from the shore and am ready to vent my wing. I check the content anyways when I'm assembling the rig and I'm quite competent to check the MOD when I'm planning my dive, thankyouverymuch.

I was referring to what at least PADI teaches about "proper" tank marking.

---------- Post added March 13th, 2015 at 06:41 PM ----------

is this just another of your silly posts?
Wild guess: It's either alcohol or stupidity.

No one would ever grab a tank and dive without analyzing it. That would be insane.

Nope..never happens!!

I guess I'm insane then. When I dive charters I and no else I've seen analyzes air tanks. I assume I'm getting normoxic nitrox 20/79. Perhaps an accident waiting to happen. Yes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom