Advice on Diving Near Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

humanFish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I'll be going to Costa Rica soon and would love some advice regarding good operators and must see dive sites :wink:

I'll be staying in Tulemar Gardens(Manuel Antonio).

All info appreciated!

Thanks,

jim

IN the area you have 2 choices, diving isla del caño which is a full day trip or a half day local trip. conditions can vary locally so best thing to do is ring up Oceans Unlimited when you arrive and you can get a true idea on what the conditions are like at that time. Happy bubbling!

Several companies and charter boats do day trips out to Caño island in the south, if you cant go there I would suggest you save your money although YMMV.

This time of the year most of the diving is done up north around Cocos beach. The Bat islands are a popular trip around this time to go see the bull sharks

I wouldn't waste my time or money diving around Quepos. Isla del Cano can be outstanding, it was very disappointing on our last trip, but we can only travel in winter. The best points of approach are from Uvita/Ojochal or better yet Drake Bay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom