New Olympic Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Afraid_of_Fish:
What would we do? Swim around until we got the bends? "Last one alive wins!!!" Those ping-pongers don't got sh*t on us. We'll show 'em what stamina is!! :wink:

<33 Jess

no thats silly we would trow those egg things in the water and dive for them. :luxhello:

It could be dive dogs! Is that your dog in that avatar?

Freediving could be in the Olympics. Our record breaking is death defying, though. I don't think people regularly die from their Olympic participation. I do remember the high diver that hit her head on the board. I've never been comfortable with such entries.

downunderjenn:
It could be dive dogs! Is that your dog in that avatar?

Freediving could be in the Olympics. Our record breaking is death defying, though. I don't think people regularly die from their Olympic participation. I do remember the high diver that hit her head on the board. I've never been comfortable with such entries.

i wish my dog wont come any where close to the water.

Well, you should have promoted the idea before the Olympics in Athens. Building an underwater stadium would be a brand new challenge for the Greek government. I would also love to see Gianna Aggelopoulou Daskalaki (the President of Athens 2004 for the lucky ones that do not see her everyday at TV for the last five years) to watch the games in a wet suit - this can really ruin a perfect coiffure!

Actually I thought they were planning to restrict ping pong a bit - it seems the Chinese win too many of the medals. Of course if they do that they should also cut back on the swimming (Australia & America obviously have too much advantage). The Judo is the worst - all those Japanese medals!!

(p.s. Comparing ping pong to Olympic Table Tennis is a bit like comparing a PADI OW diver to a GUE Cave/Tech 2 diver!)

You know, I can't BELIEVE I'm defending Table Tennis and badminton, but - before anyone criticizes them, you really should watch an international level table tennis or badminton game. I couldn't believe the reflexes and speed those guys move at.

There are worse candidates for the games. All the Equestrian events - heck, dressage is an Olympic event... Now, for the uninitiated, dressage is horse dancing. Show jumping is also an Olympic event. But does the horse get medals? Noooo...

FreeFloat:
Tryouts for the Canadian Olympic Scuba Diving Team will take place in the next few weeks. We do hope to see as many eligible divers as possible.

I'll be diving in Canadian waters in two weeks, does that make me eligible? :D

Boogie711:
You know, I can't BELIEVE I'm defending Table Tennis and badminton, but - before anyone criticizes them, you really should watch an international level table tennis or badminton game. I couldn't believe the reflexes and speed those guys move at.

There are worse candidates for the games. All the Equestrian events - heck, dressage is an Olympic event... Now, for the uninitiated, dressage is horse dancing. Show jumping is also an Olympic event. But does the horse get medals? Noooo...

I have seen badminton played on an international level, the small hard shuttle cock is moving at over 100mph, these guys are nuts. This ain't "lawn tennis"
and I never did understand why the horse didn't get the medals in show jumping. . . The rider gets a medal for hanging on??? :06:

adrisen:
I have to agree there are many sports that just don't make any sense to what they are doing there. "Hi i am the Canadian Ping pong champion" Please I think that scuba biving would make a great addition to the next games. I would be very interested in a t shirt to help support the start up of the team

ASh

Hmm.....scuba diving as an addition to the next games? What do you propose: underwater-ping-pong? Would be kinda cool....and for the whinter-games, combining ski-jumping and scuba would make for interresting deep-water-entries and quite possibly allow for a much more compact landing-area after the ski-slope.....

However since this thread seems to be started by a canadian, I assume that the final sport will involve teethless guys on skates beating the crap out of eachother with sticks while under water.... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom