Playa del Carmen: Dive shop & dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are best to ask the dive shop these questions. Shoot them an email and they can tell you their policies and practices. Have you made any reservations or are you just hoping they have room when you arrive.

I leave for Playa del Carmen on Friday. I plan to use Tank Ha. I plan on diving at least 2 days in Cozumel, 1 day local in Playa and maybe 1 day in the Cenotes. I'm staying at the Paradisus La Perla near calle 106. Where will I meet the boat? Will they pick me up from the beach? I will go to the dive shop either late Friday afternoon or Saturday morning to make arrangements but, I'm curious about the logistics. Thanks again for the advice.

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico in March. Earlier this month I qualified for the PADI open water certification and did a few dives in Cozumel. Any recommendations on dive shops and favorite dive sites in Playa del Carmen? Or should I plan to ferry over to Cozumel? I'd like to do around 12 dives while I'm in the area. I will be there for 10 days. Thanks for the advice.

Regards,
Kendall
Hi Kendal,
I own a little dive operation in Playa del Carmen, just on the beach! (Risas diving) info.risasdiving@gmail.com
My service is 100% personalized and I make sure to take you to the nicest dives here in Playa. No big groups, no mixing levels. you may check our reviews in tripadvisor. here our last review:

“A great, personalized SCUBA vacation”

x.gif
Reviewed 1 week ago

I contacted Riko based upon some reviews here on TripAdvisor and on scubaboard.com. As advanced divers, we were looking to avoid the resort's cattle car dive operation. Riko put together a great set of dives for us that took us to sites we never would have hit otherwise. His attention to detail and the logistics made it a great trip.

Greetings,

Riko

^ that post was from me. we had a great trip. happy to answer any questions

I dove with Nico and Martin from CenoteXperience last year in both the ocean and cenotes... great guys. They picked me up and dropped me off in front of my hotel (Paradisus) every day. I got really sick on the day before my last dive and unfortunately had to cancel my last day of cenote diving... They were totally understanding and even came to the hotel to drop off my gear. They were very accommodating with my requests (already dove some popular cenotes on my previous trip to PDC and didn't want to repeat them).

Back
Top Bottom