D6i Transmitter - Not Transmitting Code; Code = Ok

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xarifa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a D6i wrist mount w/transmitter--I just got them back from battery replacement service in both from Suunto, and I am testing all settings before we leave for Honduras.

I have had to clear codes before, and gone through the drills of repairing in the past, etc, so I am fairly familiar with it. But, I could use any advice on the current scenario I am experiencing.

In Dive Mode, pressurized (mounted on a tank), the psi indicator displays: Cd:--

The Code under the Tank Pressure Pairing setting is blinking 'OK.'

[ ] Does anyone know what OK means?

Typically when the psi indicator displays Cd:-- the Code under the Tank Pressure Pairing setting would display a number (a code) (meaning that the transmitter is transmitting a code), and I would go to the next setting and CLEAR it, to re-pair.

I have gone through the pressurize, depressurize drill to 'reset the code' in the transmitter.

But I think the transmitter actually is not transmitting a code...

[ ] Does anyone know what Code = OK means?

Does anyone know another way of testing the transmitter to see if it is transmitting a code?

(If the battery in the transmitter were dead, I would expect to see "Batt" in the psi field.)
(We have no other Suunto wireless devices in range)

I sure would appreciate any insight here..

Last edited:
Update - Wow, it looks like no one at Suunto or anyone in the scuba board community has seen this -- a little scary.

Last edited:
Have you also cleared the code in the D6i?

After resetting the transmitter code (pressure on-off) the D6i code also has to be cleared before finally opening the tank while holding the D6i close to transmitter while in dive mode.

The new code is shown briefly before the pressure shows up.

D6i Manual
5.7.2. Pairing and code selection

Good News -- Suunto replaced both the wrist-mount and the transmitter - with a 6-month warranty! Faith restored!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom