Anyone ever use a Bare drysuit warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigeclipse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Bare claims they have a lifetime warranty on seams but this does not include wear and tare. My drysuit appears to be an older trilam HD I think from 2006. The tape on the seams is starting to literally dry and fall apart and I'm getting some very slight leaks. Would this be considered normal wear and tare?

BARE has great customer service and their warranty is very good and they are good about honouring it, not a hassle like some places can be about warranty.

@Bigeclipse, let us know how it goes. It has almost been a week. Did Bare say anything when you called em?

Hi,

I have a BARE XCS2 drysuit. When I bought it, it was provided with a lifetime warranty, which I have recently tried to claim under, as pretty much every seam in the suit is leaking.

It has taken BARE over 10 weeks to finally respond with "this suit is uneconomic to repair. We can offer 25% off the cost of a new suit". They do note that the zip was replaced and, because of the way it was fitted, it would be very difficult to remove. However, I was not claiming for the zip, but about all the major seams.

This is incredibly poor service -- they are not honouring their lifetime warranty, and have taken an extraordinarily long length of time to provide a poor response.

I no longer recommend people consider BARE products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom