East coast wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wookie

Proud to be a Chaos Muppet
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Matthew is expected to skim the coast as a cat 4 hurricane. When Dennis flipped the Speigal Grove, it was not nearly that powerful. I wonder what this will do to the Palm Beach Fort Lauderdale wrecks?

This is the newest wreck in WPB. I am bummed that I never got to scuba dive on it and get some video of it in pristine conditions, I would be surprised if the roof is on the wreck after this and it may well roll or walk. It is only 80 ft deep.

It could do a lot of damage. I remember when Hurricane Opal came through the Gulf, it damaged some (smaller) wrecks as deep as 140' and moved some of the bigger wrecks in the 100' range a considerable distance. Indeed, everyone stay safe!

Storm hasn't even hit yet and there are atleast a dozen new wrecks sunk at the docks. This is a good time to be in the salvage diver business, cause insurance will be paying big bucks !!

It is absolutely amazing to me what hurricanes will do to objects that big underwater. There are plenty of wrecks off NC that have been flipped, moved, or cut in half like a hot knife going through butter.

You folks in FL be safe. I hate it for y'all. We are very relieved here in NC, the forecast was not looking too good for us at the beginning of the week.

i haven't heard of any wrecks being moved or changed by Mathew but the ocean has been very angry over the last week...does anyone have any info or dives on the local wrecks since the hurricane in south Florida?

Charters still can't get out yet. My planned trip out of Pompano last Saturday was canceled due to sea conditions. Anxious to hear the reports regarding the wrecks once the boats can get back out there. Hopefully this coming weekend. I'm re-booked on a charter out of Pompano for 10/29.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom