4K Video Egypt Sony RX100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Latest short video from3 days diving in Marsa Alam
I know the transitions are a bit 'childish' but after all was a family holiday and I did not spend much time editing

Latest short video from3 days diving in Marsa Alam
I know the transitions are a bit 'childish' but after all was a family holiday and I did not spend much time editing

Awesome! I need to check out the red sea!

I just bought an rx100 MII and I read your blog, which contained many helpful details which helped so much for this choice. One question: I want to buy the UR PRO INTERNAL FILTER but I cannot figure out the proper size... do you know which one is the right one for the rx100 m2? Thanks a lot!

URPRO Patented Underwater Correction Filters

Very nice! Hard to decide if to shoot stills or do video - you chose wisely :)

Very very nice, clean clear water all round looks amazing. Will still do Egypt in the not too distant future. Love the shots with the dugong, that is really amazing.

Dolphins and dugongs shore diving.....now that's just plain greedy.....but thanks for sharing.

The dugong is actually free-diving. it was hard to dive down to 10+ meters as the big guy was not exactly in shallow water. I was lucky to do two ascents with him but it was impossible to dive down at the same time of him
For the filter question not sure I understand it. If you want a filter to screw (not recommended) get a 67mm but not the naked version. For wet lens you need an Inon UWL-100 and ikelite or UWL-H100 and deeproof
I used the deeproof on this trip and it came a bit purple at times. Next time magic filter

For the filter question not sure I understand it. If you want a filter to screw (not recommended) get a 67mm but not the naked version. For wet lens you need an Inon UWL-100 and ikelite or UWL-H100 and deeproof

Thanks! Does UR PRO not do internal filters like the magic here?

M A G I C - F I L T E R S

BTW, why you do not recommend screw on adapter? In any case I am not using WA lenses at the moment, I am just starting. :)

Nice videos, are you correcting WB in post? Or are the colors due to using a red filter? I think you're right, the WB is a bit magenta-skewed in some shots.

I am using a filter with auto white balance as the RX100 fails regularly in water. I then do adjustment in post but I use iMovie so I don't really have a lot of capability.
The magic filter I have works better but I need to use a different lens. Shots with the magic filter do not have purple but it does get bad at around 21 meters
I do not recommend filter on the housing without wide angle lens. If you want you can put one of the camera if you buy a gel filter

I really enjoyed the video. The blogs and tests are very helpful. Back in 2000 I went to Marsa Alam. I saw the Dolphins but no dugongs.

Have you played around with setting the color temperature manually or used S-LOG?

The UR Pro filters area bit too warm for my taste. I prefer the colors from the original Magic Filter.

Back
Top Bottom