Light for Warm Water Day Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fire in my bones... I was only disagreeing with your comment that any small back up light will work fine. Your comment that you didn't realize your light was on only reinforces "my" comment. A narrow beam shows up during the daytime while a wide beam does not ( unless you are less than a foot away.) Just an observation!!

Fair.

I love the Intova wide angle. Its bright enough for a punch light and makes a great light for night diving in clear water.

I cannot give positive comments on either Intova wide beam or Dorcy 220 penatrator. I dive in Monterey CA mostly, and maybe I have high expecation. But in water, both day and night time, neither of these is as good as UK SL4 LED in terms of brightness & beam quality/usefulness. But then SL4 does't fit on light socks or any wrist mount.

I am not the most experinced diver out there but I would not recommend diving with a light in the day time. Just for the fact of the matter being that it would use battery power that you could be using during a night dive. Although if you were to dive with a light during the day I would recommend the Aquatec Aqua LED 230 Lumen Torch. It is a small lightweight light that could be used for a day dive, cave, reck, or night dive.

Im thinking of getting one of the aquatec aqua, but how bright does the light get? i want to use it to keep my hands free for the most part.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom