Question looking for a compact 800+ lumen dive light.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The turbo doesn’t do much for sure, it does seem the increase battery drain but I never use any light on the highest setting, usually jump straight to medium, I guess if I suddenly need more light the nice thing about the 710 is holding down the button will give me that momentary burst.
I have the D710, the turbo mode is virtually useless and is nowhere close to 3000 lumens. The battery lasts about a minute in turbo mode so no point staying on the button more than a few seconds.

So i have a primary dive light the bigblue VTL5000P looking to invest in a secondary dive light, and one that i could use for daytime (looking inside wrecks, under rocks) but i don't want to carry my primary as it's big and heavy.

I'm looking for something that has at least 800 lumens, spot beam, and has a compact form, budget 250$.
I've been looking at the orcatorch d520, bigblue AL1300NP, and the divepro s10.
Dive gears express sells house brand dive lights on the cheap. With 250 to spend you can buy 3 or 4. I have two of their lights and they work just fine.

Aloha,

Hawaiian Brian

The Tillytec with the 1400-3000-5 LED is a nice light. It's not 1400 lumens, I've been told more like 800-900 lumens.

I use their mini with the 2000-30000-10 LED module, super robust and very bright.

Ability to swap out LED modules is awesome.

Website is a bit clunky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom