Hello from Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevo88

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone! I'm brand new to the sport, getting ready to start my ow certification class in the next couple of weeks.

I got myself hooked into the idea of scuba diving after the typical "resort dive" experience in Cozumel, just a few weeks ago. Breathing underwater, seeing the amazing plants and animals on the reef, and the feeling of calm weightlessness, it pulled me right in.

That being said, it was a typical case of not knowing what I don't know. After coming home and doing some research, I started to realize that even though it all went well, it could have easily not. So not to learn how to do it right!

Hello from suburban Chicago! I just got certified in October! Which dive shop are you going through? I'm with DRIS in Plainfield. Doing Advanced this summer. Whole bunch of Great Lakes wreck diving planned for this summer (why I got into diving).

Hi Marie! Right now I'm looking at Scuba Emporium in Orland Park, but I am hoping to check out a couple more area shops before I sign up. I'm in the south burbs as well, so DRIS in Plainfield is on my list. How was your experience with them?

My experience with them has been excellent. I'm doing Advanced with them. I could live in the shop. :D I drive 50 miles each way from the NW burbs, that's how good they are.

Awesome! I'm going to the Our World Underwater expo this weekend, so I might make a day of it and check out the shop on my way home.

DRIS will have a booth at the show.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida......

Hello to both of you! It is very cool that there is such a large diving community in and around the Chicago area. I would have never guessed it.

@iamrushman, I'll be headed to Florida a couple times this summer and fall. A long weekend in Key Largo in June, and a full week (planned before the diving bug hit me lol) in Long Boat Key in September. I'm already looking forward to getting back in the ocean. Hopefully I'll have plenty of quarry and some lake Michigan practice in before then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom