Dive Shop advice: cenote dive and Cozumel ....please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All!!

New to this sight..... need some help.... referral etc... i have only been diving 5 years... but partner has 35+ years in.....

We have only had luxuary of diving in Hawaii... open water, drift, cathedrals, pelagic magic.....etc...

OFF to Mexico we go!! Yahoo....We are staying in play del carmen at resort Grand sunset princess resort in February...
First time all inclusive. Only 10 Days... better make them good! Only time for a couple days of diving!
We want to dive in a cenote and we also want to ferry over to Cozumel....

Questions:

1. Best dive shop for either? Same one for both kinds of dives?
2. Should we wait to book dives when we get there?
3. What part of Cozumel would be best?

Any extra advice?

Thanks in advance!!
Shannon

Tank Ha in Playa was running their own boat over to Cozumel. They could probably set you up with a trip to the cenotes too.

I was in Cozumel in July of 2015 and used Dive House which I don't recommend. They had some really good divemasters and some really really bad ones which ruined the whole experience for us over the course of 15 dives or so. I'd recommend any other operator for Cozumel.

For the cenotes, we used Yucatek Divers (Yucatek Divers, Playa del Carmen) in Playa and I can't recommend them enough. Polo was our DM and he was great and the whole experience was amazing. I've referred 3 other people to them and they've all come back with good experiences.

I was in Cozumel in July of 2015 and used Dive House which I don't recommend. They had some really good divemasters and some really really bad ones which ruined the whole experience for us over the course of 15 dives or so. I'd recommend any other operator for Cozumel.

For the cenotes, we used Yucatek Divers (Yucatek Divers, Playa del Carmen) in Playa and I can't recommend them enough. Polo was our DM and he was great and the whole experience was amazing. I've referred 3 other people to them and they've all come back with good experiences.
It would be helpful if you would tell who the Divemasters were that caused the problem and what the problems were. The blanket statement "Some really good, Some really bad is not much to go on.

Back
Top Bottom