Galileo Luna Tranamitter Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I purchased a Galileo Luna 3 years ago. It has worked fine until the past week when the transmitter signal went weak. Naturally I replaced the battery not only in the unit, but the computer itself. This did not fix the problem. I am assuming the problem is in the transmitter and not the receiver. Any comments, suggestions?

Did you change any other gear at the same time? My wife, daughter and I all dive on Luna's and the only issues I've had with the transmitters is with various lights and strobes. When use the smaller Ikelite strobe (DS51) it would interrupt the signal, the DS160's will only do it if I hold it right ontop the SOL unit. Underwater Kinetics lights do it if they're in the same hand that's got the unit on it, but not in the opposite hand. I mounted the wrist unit on the strobe arms of my camera (now with YS-D2's) on it and the first two dives it was fine, in the third dive of the day it started to get cranky and lost occasionally (likely the D2's were charging slower from slightly depleted batteries).

-R

Reactions: S&V
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom