Greetings from Kentucky

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt England

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I heard about these boards on a podcast that i recently found as well, Scuba Radio. Those guys are pretty comical to listen to lol.
Diving is something I've wanted to do ever since i was about 5 and we lived in Florida near Tarpon Springs. A few years later, my family moved back to Kentucky, and my hopes of diving just kind of got forgotten.
Fast forward to August 2016. My wife and i decide to take a vacation to the beach, Destin to be exact. I talked her into snorkeling some around the jetties there, and she liked it. In the process of getting her used to being in the water, it re awoken my love for the ocean, a love that i had almost forgotten.
That said, i finally got my open water class scheduled for the end of this month, so come July, I should finally able to begin this journey as a certified scuba diver!
I'm so excited!!! :D:yeahbaby:

Welcome, Matt. Home of my favorite drink, Buffalo Trace! I was a bit like you; wanted to learn since I was 12, but it was too expensive and daunting back in the early 80s. My OW cert was our 10th anniversary present from my wife, and then she joined me.

Look forward to seeing a thread from you, saying how much you loved it, and that you got your first c-card!

Hi. I'm in Hopkinsville, KY, aways east of you. We've got Pennyroyal Blue Springs Resort is our area, a nice quarry where a lot of training is done by a # of different operators. You're not all that far from Dale Hollow Lake; poor viz., but can be fun with a group riding pontoon boats, eating hot dogs & jumping in now and then (I've done that a couple of times with Parrot Island Divers, out of the Nashville area).

Richard.

Hi. I'm in Hopkinsville, KY, aways east of you. We've got Pennyroyal Blue Springs Resort is our area, a nice quarry where a lot of training is done by a # of different operators

pennyroyal is always a good way to spend a weekend! always seem to meet great people when we make it down that way.

The shop I'm taking my open water through is out of Owensboro, and they use a quarry in Illinois, mermet springs for their check out/ open water portion. It's also unfortunately also 4 hours from me. After class is over, i plan on going to pennyroyal at some point to check it out..

Matt
Welcome to diving and future underwater adventures.

It has been many many years since I was in Kentucky,
Where I live in California it as either T shirt or sweat shirt day- I chose the later; a big ole purple shirt from the Louisville Elks a present from my #2 daughter who never misses the "Run for the roses"

Hope you have a good knowledgeable instructor who works your brain as well as your body and makes an acceptable of a diver out of you.

In the mean time keep on punching arms to pay for your new hobby

SDM

Hi Matt. Northern Maine here. I just wanted to wish you all the best with your course when you take it. I hope you get to enjoy lots of save diving from that point on.

Howdy and welcome from southeast florida.......May calm seas and blue water be in your future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom