Double Braided Flex Hose from DGX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one regulator set with all Miflex hoses and one set with all DGX hoses. Both are set up to the same specifications. The DGX set is more flexible and was cheaper. I like the DGX set better. I have never had any issues with either set.

would you advise not to go thru? my hoses are about 5yrs old.. well maintained. kept in a cool dry place... about 100 dives. they should be fine right? I didn't dive for 4 years.. so the 100 dives were on the 1st year alone. and im planning on going back to diving
feel free to change the hoses if you want to try something different, but your rubber hoses are probably just fine.

you should learn how to perform a visual inspection (it's very easy) and then decide if they need to be changed. In general rubber hoses will show signs of deterioration well before they fail.

We are vacation divers and on my last trip I detected a few minor surface cracks and so have decided to purchase new hoses before our next trip. The current hoses are over 28 years old.

would you advise not to go thru? my hoses are about 5yrs old.. well maintained. kept in a cool dry place... about 100 dives. they should be fine right? I didn't dive for 4 years.. so the 100 dives were on the 1st year alone. and im planning on going back to diving

do you currently have rubber hoses or braided hoses? if you have rubber, i would just stick with them if they are in good shape

the only usage i see a real advantage for the braided hoses is long hose sidemount. for everything else, rubber works nearly as well. stuffing a rubber 7ft hose along the side of a tank is just a lot bulkier than the braided ones.

For a reg hose that is 2 or 3 inches too short, adding a swivel, like the Cave Adventurers one for $25, can "cure" the problem quite nicely. They definitely have done that for me - by letting the reg hose come straight back alongside my head instead of having to stick out and bow around in a 180 degree turn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom