Dacor Extreme Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.....ok, not the worst designed. But the Extreme Plus must come a very close second to the Triton!

I hardly think this was the worst reg ever made. I had the Extreme Plus for 13 years and it served me well. It may have been an overcomplicated design, but I never once had a problem with mine in all that time. The only reason I upgraded mine was because my LDS ran out of kits for it.

I believe I have a schematic for the second if interested, PM me.

The extreme plus is a well made 1st stage and if properly cared for will last for a real long time. I know I use to service these for our dive shop and we had 20 units in service as rentals and never had any problems and just did the service once a year. It is like any regulators if you don't take care of them none of them will last you very long. As far as the students and rental people if they are that bad on equipement I would tell them to rent from my competitor, because they must have never been shown how to care for anything. These type people only cost you money and it don't matter what brand it is. If you teach your students the right way to care for the equipement you don't have to many problems. I still use them and don't have any plans on getting rid of them as long as I can still buy parts.

If this design has two pistons or two membranes. Then it I have developed such regulator. I send to all companies that they have helped me with manufacture of regulators. Has sent drawings. And here that from this it has turned out.

I have developed a regulator of new generation. The design of a regulator eliminates a problem of density of gas which arises with depth of immersing and does not freeze in cold water. To understand as my regulator works is necessary to refuse for ever from the theory of submission of gas which is applied today in SCUBA equipments. At use of air in my regulator it is possible to be immersed up to depth 400F not diluting air by helium.
I have developed a regulator 30 years ago. In my regulators I have applied other theory of quantity and speed of a stream of gas necessary to breath on the big depth. When I have compared sketches of the regulator to sketches of foreign manufacturers have found out that designs of foreign regulators limit speed and quantity{amount} of a stream of air. And this mistake of a stream of gas 50 years exists in modern regulators. It is very a pity to me that having a regulator which characteristics have no analogue in the world I could not inform during 30 years. Because I had no opportunity to communicate with foreign manufacturers till 1991. I tested the regulator on depth of 30 meters at temperature of water +5C and I had no problems with breath and freezing. Only in 2001 I informed all companies if my regulator has interested the company to help me with registration of the patent. My financial position does not allow to issue the international patent. I for a long time corresponded with all companies the USA. But all of them wanted that I have arrived to them and if I cannot, have sent sketches of my regulators. Only I can trust one company IDI and personally Jason Desmul. I believe him he dear person. Jason has sent me the invitation to visit IDI. But the emigratory service has not given the visa. Soon company IDI has gone bankrupt. To help the company I has sent some sketches of my regulators. Jason has written that if at him the opportunity he will appear will restore the company. One year ago I have received from him last letter. And any more I have no contact with IDI. I would like to ask NAVY if it probably to come into contact with Jason he will give the additional information on me. If it is not possible and NAVY I will give me the company under your guarantee shall be very glad to negotiate about the further destiny of regulators.

I would send some correspondences with Jason that you could estimate as strongly we trusted each other.

Best regards,
Oleg Dynnyk mail to:eek:legdynnyk@gmail.com

Ukraine, UA
03061 Kiev.
Geroiv Sevastopolya 25, fl. 66
Tel. (38044) 404-53-45 mob 38044 0952758502

P.S. I ask a pardon, but it not spam. If such lines of the letter aren't pleasant to you. I won't write.
Also I regret for English language. I awfully I speak.

No Comments

Attachments

• reg3.jpg
    reg3.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 175
  • reg1-1.jpg
    reg1-1.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 170
  • reg1-2.jpg
    reg1-2.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 152
  • reg2.1.jpg
    reg2.1.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 156
  • reg2.2.jpg
    reg2.2.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 179
I have the Dacor extreme access dive computer and I need the battery that goes to the transmitter. Does anyone know what type battery I need or a source to buy one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom