Is our never-used Dacor 360 regulator from 1989 still usable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just remember, you jumping in the water with a 34 year old life support system of a defunct company that none of the critical parts are currently made by the original manufacturer. And very few dive shops have current service books on it.

If it was a US Divers, Scubapro, Apeks and a few others, sure. I dive as old or older Apeks regulators but all the parts for them are still available from the manufacturer.

It's your choice as they say.
I understand and someone here advised me to sell it as someone who is a fan and knows how to update it may pick it up. Thank you!

Come on, this is a NIB reg so the metal parts are perfect. It's only the o-rings that need to be replaced. No regulator manufacturer makes their own o-rings, they are all standard sizes purchased from the same contractors that we can buy from.
First off, this person is not "us", those that rebuild their own gear. 2, I would not dive it without, at a minimum, replacing the 2nd stage seat (along with all the o-rings obviously) which Dacor does not make. 3, the 360 was an "ok" regulator to begin with.

I pick up a 1989 Apex TX 50 (or an SP G250), in the box, all the hoses would be replaced, I would put brand new 1st and 2nd stage kits in it then I would dive it.

By the time the OP "does it right", she spends a lot of money and she still has a Dacor 360...... just say'n.

Come on, this is a NIB reg so the metal parts are perfect. It's only the o-rings that need to be replaced. No regulator manufacturer makes their own o-rings, they are all standard sizes purchased from the same contractors that we can buy from.
…my advice…follow your own intuition. …I am not ‘bullet proof’ but from what I have seen and worked on, I am able to dive with these regulators with a high degree of confidence. Again, I have found that they actually make the parts, but the manufacturer won’t tell you as the time and cost to ‘create’ an entirely ‘new’ piece to sell to the diving public is not cost effective. Isn’t that what really matters? …( Not..)…Besides, when it comes to safe reliable designs….if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

First off, this person is not "us", those that rebuild their own gear. 2, I would not dive it without, at a minimum, replacing the 2nd stage seat (along with all the o-rings obviously) which Dacor does not make. 3, the 360 was an "ok" regulator to begin with.

I pick up a 1989 Apex TX 50 (or an SP G250), in the box, all the hoses would be replaced, I would put brand new 1st and 2nd stage kits in it then I would dive it.

By the time the OP "does it right", she spends a lot of money and she still has a Dacor 360...... just say'n.
Rebuilds and restorations not for the faint of heart….not for everyone. as for cost of parts, if you are patient they are not as costly as you may think for NIB reliable parts. And have you seen the prices of new high quality regulators and regulator setups? If you want cheap … get the ‘foreign’ made stuff. Yeah, it works but in the long run….Many Dive stores will sell it but don’t recommend it for obvious reasons. That comes from discussions I have with some dive store owners. They can’t sell the higher quality and higher priced ScubaPro, AL, APEKS and other tried and true brands. Many buy SCUBA gear, go on a couple of vacays and then it rots in the closet…..Sad..😢

You can talk to me here if interested. I don’t even know its value but I’m a trusting soul!
Nancy
I will check my sources before I make an offer. If possible, please Direct Message me and send any pictures including box, papers, the actual regulator or regulator setup. Scubapros are really Great regulators IMHO. ( now this may take me awhile to send an offer .)

Scott G. Bonser

I will check my sources before I make an offer. If possible, please Direct Message me and send any pictures including box, papers, the actual regulator or regulator setup. Scubapros are really Great regulators IMHO. ( now this may take me awhile to send an offer .)

Scott G. Bonser
My bad …it was the DACOR. That IS my preferred regulator as I have Olympic 400 and the Pacer 650XL. Very reliable pieces of equipment. I already have a NIB ScubaPro MK V. I am most interested in your DACOR, for sure.

S G B

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom