2.4 Kidde compressor available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogman62

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, Jim, I'd seen those and was just going to ask you if you still made the kits.

I use my Jim Shelden built unit to fill to close to 4000 routinely. I have several spare 2.4cfm Kiddes and would sell a few for $250 plus the ride.

I just spoke to Jim, also. He said these are good for around 1000-1500 hours and are not feasible to rebuild, fwiw. I am presently doing around 50-100 fills a year averaging around 80 cf per fill which would give me around 50 hours of compressor time a year or a 20-30 year useful life. Should work for my needs. I've been looking at two Bauers that are for sale locally, one a K14, one a K15, but have balked at the amount of floor space that would have to be devoted to them and the ponderous amount of effort required to relocate them.

I just spoke to Jim, also. He said these are good for around 1000-1500 hours and are not feasible to rebuild, fwiw. I am presently doing around 50-100 fills a year averaging around 80 cf per fill which would give me around 50 hours of compressor time a year or a 20-30 year useful life. Should work for my needs. I've been looking at two Bauers that are for sale locally, one a K14, one a K15, but have balked at the amount of floor space that would have to be devoted to them and the ponderous amount of effort required to relocate them.
My fill needs are similar. My unit sits on top of a parts cabinet, out of the way with the mixing stick mounted high on the wall above it. Takes up very little space. They are loud.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom