Looking for pool/practice time: South Shore MA. Instructors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm a certified diver (PADI advanced, TDI deco procedures), looking for some pool to practice with some new (recreational) vacaction gear for an upcoming trip to the Caymans.

I'd like to get 2-4 sessions in during nov/dec. This might be an opportunity for a local instructor to make a couple extra bucks. I could just tag along with a class and hang out in the deep end getting my gear trimmed out etc.

I'm a quiet, polite medical professional - I won't bother anyone while you teach!

Please PM me if you can help me out. I'm located in Norwell.

Thanks!

You might call East Coast Divers in Brookline MA, although it is about an hour drive, they have pool hours Sunday nights, and might be able set you up with an appropriate instructor. They are SSI for certification, if you want specialty classes as well. Good Luck!

Try the LDS that you purchased the gear from. We allow our customers that purchased their gear from us free access to our in house pool when available. Also allow a one time use of pool for those who may of purchased elsewhere but had the LDS perform annual service. Some people may prefer to pay for an hour ..

There is an olympic sized indoor pool i use in connecticut... they are very cool and will fill a tank for a cheap fee. you will also have a huge pool to swim in rather than a dinky little pool elsewhere. if you are interested pm me.

You might call East Coast Divers in Brookline MA, although it is about an hour drive, they have pool hours Sunday nights, and might be able set you up with an appropriate instructor. They are SSI for certification, if you want specialty classes as well. Good Luck!

Thanks I'll keep them in mind.

Try the LDS that you purchased the gear from. We allow our customers that purchased their gear from us free access to our in house pool when available. Also allow a one time use of pool for those who may of purchased elsewhere but had the LDS perform annual service. Some people may prefer to pay for an hour ..

I just had my gear serviced by the LDS I bought it from, no pool time until January

There is an olympic sized indoor pool i use in connecticut... they are very cool and will fill a tank for a cheap fee. you will also have a huge pool to swim in rather than a dinky little pool elsewhere. if you are interested pm me.

PM sent

hey John, got your pm glad to help... not sure how far these people are from you but theay are super cool... I didn't even realize that they are a dive shop... they really run this place as an aquatic center and keep the dive shop completely seperate. whe you are going to the pool there is a seperate entrance than walking through a dive shop and salesperson $harking you down. No sales pressure here whatsoever. they will fill your tank and have it ready poolside for $15/day. they give you a time to get there and then you can spend as much time as you feel you need and didn't charge me for weights. although they have lanes you can swim under the lanes and do circles all way around the pool. pool is heated too. I have been to LDS near me and some are nothing but headache, not these people. next time i need service on my gear, bringing it there.

check them out
CT Scuba diving

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom