Wp-dc28 water vent near lens window?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hlsabine

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, I finally am getting my own camera gear after years of borrowing from my parents.

I have a Canon powershot 10, and I just purchased a supposedly new Wp-dc28 case off ebay. It does look mostly new, but there's a small crack in the silver trim near the lens window. I did the bathtub test with no problems.

I then took it to the local dive shop, and we took it to the bottom of the pool (15 feet) for awhile. Upon surfacing, the brown tissue paper I'd put inside was dry. However, there was a bit of water in a small channel or flashing around the lens window. I've attached pictures below of the water in the channel right next to the silver rim.
20171028_143153.jpg
20171028_143134.jpg
20171028_143109.jpg
20171028_095541.jpg
It looks like there are two small vents around the lens window. Is there supposed to be water in this channel? Maybe a pressure safety valve or something?

I'd really appreciate your input and advice. I can return the case for a refund. Thank you!

That trim piece does not seal out water from the inside of the housing. It does however hold the glass window in-place, along with the window's seals. I don't think you'll have a leak due to that crack in the trim.

IMG_20171030_013454.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom